    You can find the phpcode here:
    http://www.phpjunkyard.com/php-click-counter.php

    // Peter

    Peter Gustafsson, Sep 23, 2006

  2. Peter Gustafsson

    Evertjan. Guest

    Peter Gustafsson wrote on 23 sep 2006 in

    > I have a HTML-only file, and asp file that do a databasequery.
    >
    > How can I do a query in the html file, like this: DBLookup("2").
    > The asp file execute the query and respond with the result. Send it
    > back to the htmlfile
    > and put it were the "DBLookup("2")" is.
    >
    > I can not have any asp code in the html page.

    Why would you want to do that, Peter?

    There are lot's of ways, but the rationale of not changing the html file
    to an asp file escapes me.

    ====

    You could use clientside script.

    You could order IIS to read a .html as a asp exention.

    You could write a serverside .html file with filesysemobject.

    You could use an <iframe> in yourr html page havin an .asp src.

    etc.

    ====

    Using an asp file however makes it simple:

    <h1>This is the value: <% = myASpVariable %></h1>

    > I have a php file that works like this, but how can I do the same with
    > asp??
    >
    > You can find the phpcode here:
    > http://www.phpjunkyard.com/php-click-counter.php

    I do not see there what you specify, but then, I do not use php often.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Sep 23, 2006

  3. "Evertjan." <> skrev i meddelandet
    > Peter Gustafsson wrote on 23 sep 2006 in
    >
    >> I have a HTML-only file, and asp file that do a databasequery.
    >>
    >> How can I do a query in the html file, like this: DBLookup("2").
    >> The asp file execute the query and respond with the result. Send it
    >> back to the htmlfile
    >> and put it were the "DBLookup("2")" is.
    >>
    >> I can not have any asp code in the html page.

    > Why would you want to do that, Peter?

    The webserver doesn't support ASP.

    > There are lot's of ways, but the rationale of not changing the html file
    > to an asp file escapes me.
    >
    > You could use clientside script.
    > You could order IIS to read a .html as a asp exention.
    > You could write a serverside .html file with filesysemobject.
    > You could use an <iframe> in yourr html page havin an .asp src.
    > etc.
    >
    > Using an asp file however makes it simple:
    >
    > <h1>This is the value: <% = myASpVariable %></h1>

    I got iframe working:
    But I have no idea about the rest. and iframe doesn't look very good.

    >> I have a php file that works like this, but how can I do the same with
    >> asp??
    >>
    >> You can find the phpcode here:
    >> http://www.phpjunkyard.com/php-click-counter.php

    > I do not see there what you specify, but then, I do not use php often.

    There is a download link on that page.

    Why so much problem to this i ASP?? It's really simple in PHP.
    This is the htmlcode:

    <script language="Javascript" src="http://localhost/display.php"> <!-- //-->
    </script>
    I can then anywere in the html code access the php functions:

    This file has been downloaded <script
    language="Javascript">ccount_display('1')</script>&nbsp;times.<br>
    This file has been downloaded <script
    language="Javascript">ccount_display('2')</script>&nbsp;times.<br>
    This file has been downloaded <script
    language="Javascript">ccount_display('3')</script>&nbsp;times.<br>

    // Peter

    Peter Gustafsson, Sep 23, 2006
  4. Peter Gustafsson

    Evertjan. Guest

    Peter Gustafsson wrote on 23 sep 2006 in

    > "Evertjan." <> skrev i meddelandet
    >> Peter Gustafsson wrote on 23 sep 2006 in

    [...]
    >>> I can not have any asp code in the html page.

    >> Why would you want to do that, Peter?

    > The webserver doesn't support ASP.
    >

    >> There are lot's of ways, but the rationale of not changing the html
    >> file to an asp file escapes me.

    [...]
    > I got iframe working:
    > the rest. and iframe doesn't look very good.

    Impossible, your site does not support ASP.

    You cannot get a asp file executed on the same server if you first
    correctly state it cannot be done.

    >>> I have a php file that works like this, but how can I do the same
    >>> with asp??
    >>>
    >>> You can find the phpcode here:
    >>> http://www.phpjunkyard.com/php-click-counter.php

    >> I do not see there what you specify, but then, I do not use php
    >> often.

    > There is a download link on that page.

    > Why so much problem to this i ASP?? It's really simple in PHP.
    > This is the htmlcode:
    >
    > <script language="Javascript" src="http://localhost/display.php"> <!--
    > //--> </script>

    You can do that in asp as in php.
    There is no difference, as you can make a js code page with both.

    btw: language="Javascript" and <!-- //--> are deprecated since 10 years
    now.

    > I can then anywere in the html code access the php functions:

    > This file has been downloaded <script
    > language="Javascript">ccount_display('1')</script>&nbsp;times.<br>
    > This file has been downloaded <script
    > language="Javascript">ccount_display('2')</script>&nbsp;times.<br>
    > This file has been downloaded <script
    > language="Javascript">ccount_display('3')</script>&nbsp;times.<br>

    These are NOT php functions, but clientside javascript functions.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Sep 23, 2006
  5. > "Evertjan." <> skrev i meddelandet
    > These are NOT php functions, but clientside javascript functions.

    I know, I just just showed how the html code looked like.

    This is the PHP code in display.php:

    <?php
    require_once "settings.php";

    if($settings['system'] == 2) {$settings['newline']="\r\n";}
    elseif($settings['system'] == 3) {$settings['newline']="\r";}
    else {$settings['newline']="\n";}

    echo "var ccount_link = new Array();\n";

    $lines = file($settings['logfile']);

    foreach ($lines as $thisline) {
    trim($thisline);
    list($id,$added,$url,$count,$linkname)=explode("%%",$thisline);
    echo "ccount_link[$id]=$count;\n";
    }
    echo "
    function ccount_display(id)
    {
    document.write(ccount_link[id]);
    }
    ";
    exit();
    ?>

    // Peter

    Peter Gustafsson, Sep 23, 2006
  6. Peter Gustafsson

    Evertjan. Guest

    Peter Gustafsson wrote on 23 sep 2006 in

    >> "Evertjan." <> skrev i meddelandet
    >> These are NOT php functions, but clientside javascript functions.

    > I know, I just just showed how the html code looked like.

    So the requested asp cod is on another server?

    > This is the PHP code in display.php:
    >
    > <?php
    > require_once "settings.php";

    [...]
    > ?>

    As far as I can see, the php just makes an js code that can be executed
    clientside and contains an array, but my php knowledge is not that good.

    Let me give you an ASP example:

    ========== myJS.asp on server1 ===========
    <%
    a = "Hello"
    b = "world"
    c = "!"
    d = session("myName")
    %>
    var myArray = [<%=a%>,<%=b%>,<%=c%>,<%=d%>]

    ======= myExample.html on server2 without asp ===========
    <head>
    <script type='text/javascript' src='http:/server1.com/myJS.asp'></script>
    </head>
    This is the text:
    "<script type='text/javascript'>
    document.write(myArray(0)+' '+myArray(1)+myArray(2))
    </script>"
    Yours truly,
    <script type='text/javascript'>
    document.write(myArray(3))
    </script>.

    NOT tested.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Sep 23, 2006
  7. "Peter Gustafsson" <sm5tri@NO_SPAM_passagen.se> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I have a HTML-only file, and asp file that do a databasequery.
    >
    > How can I do a query in the html file, like this: DBLookup("2").
    > The asp file execute the query and respond with the result. Send it back

    > the htmlfile
    > and put it were the "DBLookup("2")" is.
    >
    > I can not have any asp code in the html page.
    >
    > I have a php file that works like this, but how can I do the same with

    asp??

    > You can find the phpcode here:
    > http://www.phpjunkyard.com/php-click-counter.php
    >
    > // Peter

    Can your HTML include Javascript? If so then perhaps the XMLHTTP object is
    what you need to make a call the to the ASP page that will do the
    DBLookup("2") for you.

    Anthony Jones, Sep 23, 2006
  8. "Anthony Jones" <> skrev i meddelandet

    > "Peter Gustafsson" <sm5tri@NO_SPAM_passagen.se> wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I have a HTML-only file, and asp file that do a databasequery.
    >>
    >> How can I do a query in the html file, like this: DBLookup("2").
    >> The asp file execute the query and respond with the result. Send it back

    >> the htmlfile
    >> and put it were the "DBLookup("2")" is.
    >>
    >> I can not have any asp code in the html page.
    >>
    >> I have a php file that works like this, but how can I do the same with

    > asp??
    >>
    >> You can find the phpcode here:
    >> http://www.phpjunkyard.com/php-click-counter.php
    >>
    >> // Peter
    >>

    > Can your HTML include Javascript? If so then perhaps the XMLHTTP object
    > is
    > what you need to make a call the to the ASP page that will do the
    > DBLookup("2") for you.

    Hi!

    Yes, javascript is OK to use, it's run at clientside. XMLHTTP was something
    new to me.
    But is it supported by all webbrowsers?

    Do you have any example?

    // Peter

    Peter Gustafsson, Sep 24, 2006
  9. "Peter Gustafsson" <sm5tri@NO_SPAM_passagen.se> wrote in message

    > "Anthony Jones" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > >
    > > "Peter Gustafsson" <sm5tri@NO_SPAM_passagen.se> wrote in message
    > >> Hi
    > >>
    > >> I have a HTML-only file, and asp file that do a databasequery.
    > >>
    > >> How can I do a query in the html file, like this: DBLookup("2").
    > >> The asp file execute the query and respond with the result. Send it

    back
    > >> the htmlfile
    > >> and put it were the "DBLookup("2")" is.
    > >>
    > >> I can not have any asp code in the html page.
    > >>
    > >> I have a php file that works like this, but how can I do the same with

    > > asp??
    > >>
    > >> You can find the phpcode here:
    > >> http://www.phpjunkyard.com/php-click-counter.php
    > >>
    > >> // Peter
    > >>

    > > Can your HTML include Javascript? If so then perhaps the XMLHTTP object
    > > is
    > > what you need to make a call the to the ASP page that will do the
    > > DBLookup("2") for you.

    > Hi!
    >
    > Yes, javascript is OK to use, it's run at clientside. XMLHTTP was

    something
    > new to me.
    > But is it supported by all webbrowsers?
    >
    > Do you have any example?

    Most modern browsers support a form of the XMLHTTPRequest object, I use this
    function which works for IE6 and FF:-

    function getHTTP()
    {

    if (window.XMLHttpRequest)
    return new XMLHttpRequest()
    else
    return new ActiveXObject("MSXML2.XMLHTTP.3.0")

    }

    To fetch something from ASP use:-

    function dbLookup(value)
    {

    if (value == null) value = ''

    var oXH = getHTTP()

    oXH.Open("GET", "http://asphost.domain.com/dblookup.asp?value=" + value,
    False)
    oXH.Send()
    if (oXH.status == 200)
    return oXH.responseText
    else
    throw "Fetching " + value + " failed"

    }

    dblookup.asp

    <!-- #include virtual="/YourCodeThatImplementsDBLookup.asp" -->
    <%
    Dim Value : Value = CLng(Request.QueryString("value"))
    Response.Write DBLooup(Value)
    %>

    Anthony.

    Anthony Jones, Sep 24, 2006