how to hide toolbar, menu bar, address bar, other non-essentials.

Tim

Has anyone found a way to hide the toolbar, address bar, and menu in
the current web browser window? I cannot window.open as this method has
been defeatured due to security in IE. Works in Firefox within domain
though!

I am showing an image and would ideally like to show it full-screen.
Thanks!
timjowers

Grant Wagner

Tim said:
Has anyone found a way to hide the toolbar, address bar, and menu in
the current web browser window? I cannot window.open as this method
has
been defeatured due to security in IE. Works in Firefox within domain
though!

IE has never had the ability to remove chrome on the current browser
window via script (the user can hit F11, but you can't achieve that
effect programmatically - thank goodness!).

Netscape 4 had the ability to remove chrome from the current browser
window, but that was more due to a bug with the implementation of
window.open() rather than by design.

Gecko-based browsers can't remove chrome on the current browser window
in the default security environment either. I'm not sure what you mean
by "within domain though!". I'd like to see what code you are using to
achieve the removal of chrome from the current browser window, as well
as your prefs.js and user.js files (which probably contains
modifications to allow chrome manipulation).
I am showing an image and would ideally like to show it full-screen.
Thanks!

What if I'm looking at your image and I don't want to see it
full-screen? Since I am the visitor to your Web site (your "customer")
doesn't my opinion matter? Anyway, you are mistaken about the ability
for you to remove chrome from my instance of Firefox (you're also going
to have a hard time "showing it full-screen" on my browser), so I have
nothing to worry about.