How to implement a datetime chooser

Etantonio

I need to insert a date/time chooser in my application,
I've seen there are several commercial and open source solution but
nobody of them seems to be similar
to standard implementations of this behaviour,
for example I'm thinking to a field with a button near it that opens a
calendar, while for the time (hour:minute:seconds) I'm thinking to
three fields separed bya ":" label,
do someone have any idea of how to implement this behaviour (libraries
and so on),
thanks,
Antonio
www.etantonio.it

Roedy Green

I need to insert a date/time chooser in my application,
I've seen there are several commercial and open source solution but
nobody of them seems to be similar
to standard implementations of this behaviour,
for example I'm thinking to a field with a button near it that opens a
calendar, while for the time (hour:minute:seconds) I'm thinking to
three fields separed bya ":" label,
do someone have any idea of how to implement this behaviour (libraries
and so on),

I have one as part of the Biorhythm calculator. you could take it an
extend it with time fields. See
http://mindprod.com/products1.html#BIO

It uses AWT. You could do a swing version where the YYYY MM DD fields
are replaced by JSpinners. See
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jspinner.html

My version is fairly elaborate in that it won't let you enter an
illegal date. It is not that it smacks if you enter one. You can't
enter a bad one.

--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

"Everybody’s worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there’s a really easy way: stop participating in it."
~ Noam Chomsky