How to inherit a base form in all application forms of an asp.net application

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by varun varun, Jul 3, 2003.

  1. varun varun

    varun varun Guest

    hello friend,

    while developing an asp.net application,
    i created a base form(say mybaseform1)
    with certain links on it.

    then i tried to inherit the same from
    in other application forms by following way.

    in the coddbehind file for a form webform1,
    i wrote following code.

    public class webform1
    inherits mybaseform1

    end class.

    but i found that this does not work in asp.net.

    however, the same works very well in vb.net.

    so can anyone guide me on this issue ?

    how can we inherit base form in various
    application forms ?

    plese guide me with pieces of code if possible.

    i need help urgently.
    thank you.

    varun varun, Jul 3, 2003