How to install Input Methods

icepac

Greetings everybody,
I need to install input methods so they can be used by my swing
components.
I got some very nice chinese InputMethod from the following address :

http://www.chinesecomputing.com/programming/java.html#input

I get the library and I add the link to my project but I have no idea
how to use them in my project. From what I read, they should be used
automatically by any swing components whenever I switch to the
Simplified_Chinese locale. But it doesn't seem to work.

Is there anything special I need to do to make them work ? Do I need to
implements any special events or stuff in my swing component ?
right now the only thing I do is change the locale using SetLocale.

Another strange detail. When I use the GetInputContext method from my
swing component it returns null ... Is that normal ?

Any help appreciated, do not hesitate to ask for more details btw :)

Pascal

icepac

steve said:
why don't you try reading teh contents of hte web page you posted , instead
of just looking at it.

All the info you require is on the page.

Steve

Steve,
Of course I read and tried what is on that page. In fact I even
contacted the author. From what he's saying I should be able to access
the InputContext of my component by using getInputContext. However
getInputContext returns null in my app...
Can anyone tell me what would cause getInputContext to return null and
how can I fix it ?

Thanx for the answers, plz keep it up ! I wanna solve this...