How to install python2.4.2 on IRIX6.5 ?

Xiao Jianfeng

Hello,

I am trying to install python2.4.2 on a SGI origin3200 machine running
IRIX6.5.
The native c compiler was used to compile python.

"./configure --prefix=/my/path/to/install" runs ok,
then, "smake OPT= " runs ok
but "smake test" gets errors, here is the output:
247 tests OK.
2 tests failed:
test_fpformat test_locale
41 tests skipped:
test_aepack test_al test_applesingle test_bsddb test_bsddb185
test_bsddb3 test_bz2 test_cd test_cl test_codecmaps_cn
test_codecmaps_hk test_codecmaps_jp test_codecmaps_kr
test_codecmaps_tw test_curses test_dl test_gdbm test_gl test_gzip
test_imgfile test_ioctl test_linuxaudiodev test_macfs
test_macostools test_nis test_normalization test_ossaudiodev
test_pep277 test_plistlib test_scriptpackages test_socket_ssl
test_socketserver test_sunaudiodev test_tcl test_timeout
test_urllib2net test_urllibnet test_winreg test_winsound
test_zipimport test_zlib
Ask someone to teach regrtest.py about which tests are
expected to get skipped on irix6.
*** Error code 1
smake: Error: 1 error
I also tried regrtest.py according the above instruction,
origin3200% ./Lib/test/regrtest.py -s test_fpformat
test_fpformat
test test_fpformat failed -- Traceback (most recent call last):
File
"/disk2/jfxiao/local/source/Python-2.4.2/Lib/test/test_fpformat.py",
line 51, in test_reasonable_values
self.checkFix(realVal, d)
File
"/disk2/jfxiao/local/source/Python-2.4.2/Lib/test/test_fpformat.py",
line 28, in checkFix
self.assertEquals(result, expected)
AssertionError: '-0' != '0'

1 test failed:
test_fpformat
origin3200% ./Lib/test/regrtest.py -s test_locale
test_frozen
1 test OK.

Can somebody tell me what's the problem ?
Thanks!

Regards,

xiaojf

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Martin_v=2E_L=F6wis=22?=

Xiao said:
self.assertEquals(result, expected)
AssertionError: '-0' != '0'

Can somebody tell me what's the problem ?

It looks like there is some minor bug in the floating
point libraries of your operating system: Python expects
that the strings for both numbers are the same in the test,
but actually, one number is formatted as -0, and the other
as 0.

It's not clear what the test_locale failure is; when
you run it again, it says that test_frozen has been run
instead. Are you sure the commands worked precisely as
entered? In any case, test_locale failures are typically
also of minor importance only, as well.

This is a minor issue only, and shouldn't affect Python's
functionality for most cases. Given that the rest of
the test suite passed, just go ahead and make install.

Regards,
Martin