    Python egg. I would be very appreciative for any help.

    Regards

    Rolf
    Rolf, Aug 30, 2009

  2. Rolf

    r Guest

    On Aug 30, 7:08 am, "Colin J. Williams" <> wrote:

    > You might try, at the command line:
    >    easy_install setuptools

    Wait maybe you should try this command

    >>> help(setuptools)

    :)
    r, Aug 30, 2009

  3. Rolf

    Mike Guest

    > I would like to install setuptools for Python2.6 on Windows.

    1. Download setuptools-0.6c9-py2.6.egg
    2. Download setuptools-0.6c9.tar.gz
    3. Use 7-zip from http://www.7-zip.org/ to extract ez_setup.py from
    setuptools-0.6c9.tar.gz
    4. In a directory that contains setuptools-0.6c9-py2.6.egg and
    ez_setup.py run the command python ez_setup.py
    5. Add C:\Python26\Scripts to your path to run easy_install

    Mike
    Mike, Aug 30, 2009
  4. Rolf

    Rolf Guest

    Mike schrieb:
    >> I would like to install setuptools for Python2.6 on Windows.

    > 1. Download setuptools-0.6c9-py2.6.egg
    > 2. Download setuptools-0.6c9.tar.gz
    > 3. Use 7-zip from http://www.7-zip.org/ to extract ez_setup.py from
    > setuptools-0.6c9.tar.gz
    > 4. In a directory that contains setuptools-0.6c9-py2.6.egg and
    > ez_setup.py run the command python ez_setup.py
    > 5. Add C:\Python26\Scripts to your path to run easy_install
    >
    > Mike

    Thank you very much. Your recipe did the job.

    Rolf
    Rolf, Aug 30, 2009