28th Baruch Hirsch st. Bnei-Brak
Israel , 51114

Phone Numbers:
Office: +972-(0)3-5786668
Fax: +972-(0)3-5703475
Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377

Know the overall picture

Lloyd Dupont

does it work ? (I mean could you show me a web services sample doing that ?)

I tell you my problem, I'm writting a 'preview' custom control.
basically it's an input of type image wich show the image onclick and should
display a small version of the image, for this I should set its src
property.
and here come the problem. what URL could I use ? (for the src)
I could rely on the end user to provide an URL for the preview image, but
that won't be a very powerfull preview control this way .. so I do need this
user control to provide an URL pointing to itself which return the picture.

if you have any idea ?
anyway today I made lot of test and manage to write a cgi (.exe) which could
be invoked by IE and return whatever I want.
tomorrow I will try to put my preview custom control in it, and that would
be the surprise ...
although there is the drawback I lost session management doing so and then I
can't cache the preview, so it's not good either. maybe I will end up
requiring a 'FileUtil.aspx' page to be used with the preview control, so sad
;-(

Natty Gur

OK,
1) you can create web form that will return images by changing the
content type and write binary output you can refer to my sample (create
images for buttons)[1]. the page can take parameters as query string.

2) if you want to be more dynamic you can create your own HTTP module
and handler.

[1] - http://www.developersdex.com/gurus/code/599.asp

Natty Gur, CTO
Dao2Com Ltd.