How to invoke keyPress event in ASP.Net pages

Guest

Hi,

How to invoke keyPress event in ASP.Net pages instead of performing the same
in Client Validation( through Javascript) can i do it in server side ?

Thanks in advance.

bye
assankhan

Gary K

Hi,

How to invoke keyPress event in ASP.Net pages instead of performing the same
in Client Validation( through Javascript) can i do it in server side ?

Thanks in advance.

bye
assankhan

Greetings & Salutations,

Why on earth would you want to do that???? Think of the round-trip
time EVERY time you press a key.

If you really, really, REALLY want to do that, then I think the only
way you're going to get it to happen is by changing the client side
script keypress event to do a postback.

And, sorry, no I don't really know how do to that, nor can I provide
examples. However there are several ASP.NET sites that can show you
how to do a postback in client side script.

Gary K