how to kill prompt on cross domain web service call ?

Scott

My asp app on one site calls my .net webservice on another. Problem is that
IE always displays contacting other site error.

Any idea how to supress this error from server or browser ?

thanks for any help
scott

Guest

I'm afraid you will need to provide more detailed information, along with
some sample code that illustrates what is happening.
Peter

Scott

thank you for reply and sorry for lack of info. i will try and explain what
i know.

my asp app calls a .net web service after login.

www.app.com/search.aspx

www.webservice.com/select.aspx

It uses session cookies can cannot seem to find its connection string ....
i.e it cannot find the session.

When the cookie was saved to users / browser it work. Its just when using
session cookies it seems to be a problem.

session created by login to www.app.com after login cannot be used by
webservice.com.

web servcie .com needs connection string to work, cant get conneciton string
from the session cookie.

The prompt is not really an issue until i get this working so i guess my
query has changed a little sorry.

Does this help ?

Thanks for your time
Scott