how to launch SWT application from command line?

Discussion in 'Java' started by mdx, Oct 8, 2005.

  1. mdx

    mdx Guest

    Hi all

    I made a simple SWT app with eclipse. It loads perfectly with eclipse
    3.11. I can't seem to get it to load with command line.

    I googled, and ppl are saying I need the path of swt.jar. I can't find
    that file. Under eclipse, I have these files instead.

    org.eclipse.swt_3.1.0.jar
    org.eclipse.swt.win32.win32.x86_3.1.1.jar

    Can somebody please help me out?

    I am using, WINXP, Java 5.0,

    Thanks.

    Howie

    mdx, Oct 8, 2005

  2. mdx

    mdx Guest

    nevermind.. i figured it out..

    mdx, Oct 10, 2005

  3. mdx

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 16:28:20 -0400, mdx <> wrote or
    quoted :

    >I made a simple SWT app with eclipse. It loads perfectly with eclipse
    >3.11. I can't seem to get it to load with command line.

    I am using Eclipse and Win2k. I did a sweep and found 3 versions of
    ve_swt.jar
    in
    E:\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.ve.swt_1.0.1
    E:\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.ve.swt_1.0.2
    and E:\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.ve.swt_1.1.01

    I would just add the latest version to your general classpath or add
    it to the EXT directories. Presumably Eclipse handles it for you for
    a SWT project.

    See http://mindprod.com/classpath.html
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Oct 10, 2005
  4. mdx

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Sun, 09 Oct 2005 22:09:20 -0400, mdx <> wrote or
    quoted :

    >nevermind.. i figured it out..

    what was the catch. You are morally obligated to post the solution
    after posting the question.
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Oct 10, 2005
  5. mdx

    mdx Guest

    i had to download the SWT package from eclipse(which contains some dll
    files, and SWT.jar)

    >E:\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.ve.swt_1.0.1
    > E:\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.ve.swt_1.0.2
    > and E:\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.ve.swt_1.1.01

    these ones don't work. I had those before.

    so, this is how i fixed it
    extra the package to the same dir I have app. then made a jar files..
    voila..

    the whole problem was due to the lack of swt.jar and the dll files.

    mdx, Oct 10, 2005