How to launch VFP from perl

zeke

I have a VisualFoxPro program (.fxp extension) that I wish my perl
script to launch. In addition I need to pass an argument from perl to
the VFP program, and lastly receive back from the VFP program an
argument (successful vs error condition at end of VFP program). I can
do this in Mac environment, but am now required to do same in
Windows2000PRO environment. All assists/direction/samples
appreciated!

zeke

Bill

zeke said:
I have a VisualFoxPro program (.fxp extension) that I wish my perl
script to launch. In addition I need to pass an argument from perl to
the VFP program, and lastly receive back from the VFP program an
argument (successful vs error condition at end of VFP program). I can
do this in Mac environment, but am now required to do same in
Windows2000PRO

If you would post the part of the script that is Mac-specific in its
call of VFP, we could probably help you port it.

zeke

Bill said:
If you would post the part of the script that is Mac-specific in its
call of VFP, we could probably help you port it.

OK. I have a VFP program called "TEST01.FXP" in directory
/Volumes/INWORK. I have a crontab entry to call "TEST1.PL" at 6 A.M.
daily. The "TEST1.PL" script is:

#! /usr/bin/perl

`open "/Volumes/INWORK/TEST01.FXP"`;

This works in Mac OSX environment flawlessly. But I am having to
migrate to Windows2000PRO environment. I'll work passing the argument
later - for now I just need to get the VFP to launch... Hope this
assists - and thanks in advance for any help!

Zeke

Ben Morrow

Quoth (e-mail address removed) (zeke):
OK. I have a VFP program called "TEST01.FXP" in directory
/Volumes/INWORK. I have a crontab entry to call "TEST1.PL" at 6 A.M.
daily. The "TEST1.PL" script is:

#! /usr/bin/perl

`open "/Volumes/INWORK/TEST01.FXP"`;

Try

`c:/path/to/vfp.exe c:/path/to/test01.fxp`

or perhaps

`start c:/path/to/test01.fxp`

Ben