    Windows2000PRO environment. All assists/direction/samples
    appreciated!

    zeke
    zeke, Jun 15, 2004

  2. zeke

    Bill Guest

    zeke wrote:
    > I have a VisualFoxPro program (.fxp extension) that I wish my perl
    > script to launch. In addition I need to pass an argument from perl to
    > the VFP program, and lastly receive back from the VFP program an
    > argument (successful vs error condition at end of VFP program). I can
    > do this in Mac environment, but am now required to do same in
    > Windows2000PRO

    If you would post the part of the script that is Mac-specific in its
    call of VFP, we could probably help you port it.
    Bill, Jun 16, 2004

  3. zeke

    zeke Guest

    Bill <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > zeke wrote:
    > > I have a VisualFoxPro program (.fxp extension) that I wish my perl
    > > script to launch. In addition I need to pass an argument from perl to
    > > the VFP program, and lastly receive back from the VFP program an
    > > argument (successful vs error condition at end of VFP program). I can
    > > do this in Mac environment, but am now required to do same in
    > > Windows2000PRO

    > If you would post the part of the script that is Mac-specific in its
    > call of VFP, we could probably help you port it.

    OK. I have a VFP program called "TEST01.FXP" in directory
    /Volumes/INWORK. I have a crontab entry to call "TEST1.PL" at 6 A.M.
    daily. The "TEST1.PL" script is:

    #! /usr/bin/perl

    `open "/Volumes/INWORK/TEST01.FXP"`;

    This works in Mac OSX environment flawlessly. But I am having to
    migrate to Windows2000PRO environment. I'll work passing the argument
    later - for now I just need to get the VFP to launch... Hope this
    assists - and thanks in advance for any help!

    Zeke
    zeke, Jun 17, 2004
  4. zeke

    Ben Morrow Guest

    Quoth (zeke):
    > Bill <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > > zeke wrote:
    > > > I have a VisualFoxPro program (.fxp extension) that I wish my perl
    > > > script to launch. In addition I need to pass an argument from perl to
    > > > the VFP program, and lastly receive back from the VFP program an
    > > > argument (successful vs error condition at end of VFP program). I can
    > > > do this in Mac environment, but am now required to do same in
    > > > Windows2000PRO

    > > If you would post the part of the script that is Mac-specific in its
    > > call of VFP, we could probably help you port it.

    > OK. I have a VFP program called "TEST01.FXP" in directory
    > /Volumes/INWORK. I have a crontab entry to call "TEST1.PL" at 6 A.M.
    > daily. The "TEST1.PL" script is:
    >
    > #! /usr/bin/perl
    >
    > `open "/Volumes/INWORK/TEST01.FXP"`;

    Try

    `c:/path/to/vfp.exe c:/path/to/test01.fxp`

    or perhaps

    `start c:/path/to/test01.fxp`

    Ben

    --
    And if you wanna make sense / Whatcha looking at me for? (Fiona Apple)
    * *
    Ben Morrow, Jun 18, 2004