How to maintain affinity in webgarden (multi CPU)?

SevDer

Hi,

I would like to know, if it is possible to maintain affinity by having a
webgarden for our ASP.NET application in multi CPU server?
And of course if possible without or minimal code change :)

Thanks in advance,

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi SevDer,

Welcome to the MSDN newsgroup.

As for the webgarden of ASP.NET web application, it can help us schedule
one ASP.NET appplication running across multiple worker processes. However,
the webgarden only contain setting for CPU mask which determine the worker
process count for serving the application. There is no other settings on
Thread affinity in webgarden based ASP.NET web application. So each request
of ASP.NET application using webgarden are not guaranteed to be served by
the same worker process(even the different postback requests for the same
page...). So when using webGarden, we have to take care of those state
management things like session state(Inproc), application cache since
they're all process specific.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support