How to make Dataset relationships behave like an SQL join

Guest

DataSet relationships seem to be focussed on one to many type realtionships.
I have got a one to one realtionship in a DataSet between two tables. I
can't do a join between the two tables in the database because the tables
come from different databases (although held on the same server). However
what i want is a single set of data that combines the fields like you get
with an SQL join. Is there a straight forward way of doing this that i am
missing because the only way i can see is to iterate through the parent table
calling GetChildRows for each record and then sticking each individual value
in a third seperate DataTable. Is there an easier way to do this?

Guest

Have you tried to do a join in the SQL Statement first? I think you may very
well be able to, regardless of the fact that the two tables come from
different databases.
Just use the fully qualified name of each with an alias.
Peter

Guest

Oooh it works, i didn't know you could do that. Thanks that makes my life so
much easier.