How to make Java web start doesn't pop up security setting

Matt

Everytime when we first launched Java web start, it will pop up a
security setting dialog box. I heard there are some way to disable it.

Any ideas? Please advise.
thanks!!

Andrew Thompson

Everytime when we first launched Java web start, it will pop up a
security setting dialog box. I heard there are some way to disable it.

You heard wrong.

That is to warn the user they are about to accept code
that might upload their personal details before formatting
their drives.

So in short, no. Or if you find a way of doing it, let us
know so that we can demand a patch from Sun.

Bent C Dalager

Everytime when we first launched Java web start, it will pop up a
security setting dialog box. I heard there are some way to disable it.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean. However, if your web start apps
don't request any permissions from the host system, they will download
and start without asking the user any questions.

If they do request permissions and are NOT signed, they will just
plain old don't start.

If they request permissions and are signed, the user will tend to be
asked whether or not to accept the installation. I don't know if you
can pre-approve certain certificates. If you can, then presumably it
would be possible to have a web start app that requests permissions of
the system to install without prompting the user.

Cheers
Bent D

Andrew Thompson

If they request permissions and are signed, the user will tend to be
asked

The user *will* be asked. No tendency about it, though..
..whether or not to accept the installation. I don't know if you
can pre-approve certain certificates.

...the user can choose to 'Trust all code from this supplier'
to avoid prompts for later JWS installs.