    still in its position no matter how many rows to be shown on the data
    grid. I think it may be a similar problem as above.
    Thanks a lot.

    Joe Au, Aug 7, 2004

  2. On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 20:42:01 -0700, Joe Au <>
    wrote:

    > I first add a grid layout panel control to a web form, then put a data
    > grid inside the panel. When I run the web form, the data grid is filled
    > up but it throws outside the panel control. The panel control does not
    > grow automatically to contain the entire data grid. How can I fix it?
    > Beside, if I put a panel control under a data grid, the panel control
    > still in its position no matter how many rows to be shown on the data
    > grid. I think it may be a similar problem as above.
    > Thanks a lot.

    are you sure there isn't a height/width set on the panel control (which
    happens if you grab and expand it in the designer view)? The panel gets
    rendered as a div, and I just tested a panel containing a 5000px table w/
    an orange background, and I could see it scrolling horizontally.

    --
    Craig Deelsnyder
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    Craig Deelsnyder, Aug 7, 2004

  3. Joe Au

    Joe Au Guest

    Thanks Craig. Can I have your piece of code so that I can see how to set
    the property of the panel? Thanks.

    Joe Au, Aug 8, 2004