    how to make SoapHttpClientProtocol init a new TCP connection for each
    service request?

    Thanks,

    Morgan Cheng, Jun 22, 2007

  2. "Morgan Cheng" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > There are multiple clients to invoke a web service deployed in a
    > cluster of server. Each client is using SoapHttpClientProtocol
    > instance. I found that if the invocation is continuous,
    > SoapHttpClientProtocol doesn't close TCP connection. It just reuse one
    > single TCP connection to call target web service.
    >
    > Now, there are BigIP added between client and server to do load
    > balancing. If the TCP connection doesn't close, LB is meaningless.

    Is load balancing truly meaningless in this case, or does it simply mean
    something a little different from what you expect? Does the BigIP not
    distribute connections across the nodes? That is, if you had five servers
    and five clients, wouldn't it tend to distribute them one per server?
    Wouldn't the next five clients also be distributed?

    I haven't used that particular device, so I don't know.
    --
    John Saunders [MVP]

    John Saunders [MVP], Jun 22, 2007

  3. Morgan Cheng

    Morgan Cheng Guest

    On Jun 22, 10:46 pm, "John Saunders [MVP]" <john.saunders at
    trizetto.com> wrote:
    > "MorganCheng" <> wrote in message

    > > There are multiple clients to invoke a web service deployed in a
    > > cluster of server. Each client is usingSoapHttpClientProtocol
    > > instance. I found that if the invocation is continuous,
    > >SoapHttpClientProtocoldoesn't close TCP connection. It just reuse one
    > > single TCP connection to call target web service.

    > > Now, there are BigIP added between client and server to do load
    > > balancing. If the TCP connection doesn't close, LB is meaningless.

    > Is load balancing truly meaningless in this case, or does it simply mean
    > something a little different from what you expect? Does the BigIP not
    > distribute connections across the nodes? That is, if you had five servers
    > and five clients, wouldn't it tend to distribute them one per server?
    > Wouldn't the next five clients also be distributed?

    In our config, BigIP will distribute connection evenly, but only
    distribute at the time TCP connection is generated.
    Since the requests are continuous, SoapHttpClientProtocol will keep
    connection alive and reuse single TCP connection to backend web
    service. As a result, one TCP connection is created and doesn't
    release. So, BigIP distribution works only once for each client.
    That's not what I expect.
    I want SoapHttpClientProtocol create one TCP connection, send Soap on
    HTTP message in that TCP connection, and then close it. For the next
    request, just repeat the three steps.

    Morgan Cheng, Jun 23, 2007