How to open a popup when popup blocker is turned on

Ashish

Hi Friends,

I am looking for an anti-popup blocker solution, which can open popup
window, irrespective whether any popup blocker is on or off.

Well, I have succeeded in creating the same solution for IE, but its
not working in Netscape, Opera...

Please give your suggestions...ASAP.

Thanks,
Ashish

Randy Webb

Ashish said:
Hi Friends,

I am looking for an anti-popup blocker solution, which can open popup
window, irrespective whether any popup blocker is on or off.

You and every spammer and porn site on the web,
Well, I have succeeded in creating the same solution for IE,

No, you just think you have.

but its not working in Netscape, Opera...
GOOD!

Please give your suggestions...ASAP.

Give up because you will fail.

Richard Cornford

Ashish said:
I am looking for an anti-popup blocker solution, which
can open popup window, irrespective whether any popup
blocker is on or off.

Well, I have succeeded in creating the same solution
for IE, but its not working in Netscape, Opera...

Please give your suggestions...ASAP.

Don't even try this. The reason that you cannot currently rely on
window.open is that the facility was abused to push unwanted material at
users. It is a facility that was viable within the repertoire of
javascript authors but has become non-viable for Internet use, as a
consequence of what was done with the facility.

If you use any other facility (such as showModelessDialog) to open
unwanted pop-ups on IE then all that will happen is that the next
generation of pop-up blockers will block that facility as well. All you
will achieve is delaying your acceptance of the inevitability of the
non-viability of pop-ups for a month or two while the pop-up blockers
are updated, and in the process cost the entire javascript authoring
world the use of yet another browser facility.

Richard.