    Please give your suggestions...ASAP.

    Thanks,
    Ashish

    Ashish, Oct 29, 2004

  2. Ashish

    Randy Webb Guest

    Ashish wrote:
    > Hi Friends,
    >
    > I am looking for an anti-popup blocker solution, which can open popup
    > window, irrespective whether any popup blocker is on or off.

    You and every spammer and porn site on the web,

    > Well, I have succeeded in creating the same solution for IE,

    No, you just think you have.

    > but its not working in Netscape, Opera...

    GOOD!

    > Please give your suggestions...ASAP.

    Give up because you will fail.

    --
    Randy

    Randy Webb, Oct 29, 2004

  3. Ashish wrote:
    > I am looking for an anti-popup blocker solution, which
    > can open popup window, irrespective whether any popup
    > blocker is on or off.
    >
    > Well, I have succeeded in creating the same solution
    > for IE, but its not working in Netscape, Opera...
    >
    > Please give your suggestions...ASAP.

    Don't even try this. The reason that you cannot currently rely on
    window.open is that the facility was abused to push unwanted material at
    users. It is a facility that was viable within the repertoire of
    javascript authors but has become non-viable for Internet use, as a
    consequence of what was done with the facility.

    If you use any other facility (such as showModelessDialog) to open
    unwanted pop-ups on IE then all that will happen is that the next
    generation of pop-up blockers will block that facility as well. All you
    will achieve is delaying your acceptance of the inevitability of the
    non-viability of pop-ups for a month or two while the pop-up blockers
    are updated, and in the process cost the entire javascript authoring
    world the use of yet another browser facility.

    Richard.

    Richard Cornford, Oct 31, 2004