    there is a load balance and more than one web server, then the window B can
    not be closed.

    Any help is appraciated.

    john, Jan 30, 2006

  2. john wrote:
    > Host Environment: IIS in window 2003 server, three web servers, one
    > load balance, ASP (not ASP.net) code set.
    >
    > Background:
    > There is part A codes in one asp page (page A) to open a new window
    > (Window B). The new window like a clock non-stop running. There is
    > part B codes in the page A need to close window B.
    >
    > Problem:
    > There is no problem if the there is only one web server. It works.
    > When there is a load balance and more than one web server, then the
    > window B can not be closed.

    ASP is server-side technology which knows nothing about windows being
    opened/closed on client machines. You need to address this question to a
    client-side group such as microsoft.public.scripting.jscript.
    I think you are running into a cross-site security restriction in the client
    browser.

    Bob Barrows
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Jan 30, 2006

  3. john wrote:
    > Host Environment: IIS in window 2003 server, three web servers, one
    > load balance, ASP (not ASP.net) code set.
    >
    > Background:
    > There is part A codes in one asp page (page A) to open a new window
    > (Window B). The new window like a clock non-stop running. There is
    > part B codes in the page A need to close window B.
    >
    > Problem:
    > There is no problem if the there is only one web server. It works.
    > When there is a load balance and more than one web server, then the
    > window B can not be closed.

    I did not realize you had already posted this over at .scripting.jscript.
    Please do not multipost

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Jan 30, 2006