    to another that will be opened from the first one.

    Thanks in advance,
    AK
    Anatoly Kurilin, Jan 23, 2006

  2. Anatoly Kurilin wrote:
    > Hi, please tell me the easiest way of passing a parameter from one HTML page
    > to another that will be opened from the first one.

    The EASIEST way is to use server side script like PHP or ASP. But if
    you don't want to use that, you can use Javascript. A quick google of
    "pass parameter javascript" will reward you with the code.
    Travis Newbury, Jan 23, 2006

  3. Anatoly Kurilin

    Brian Cryer Guest

    "Anatoly Kurilin" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, please tell me the easiest way of passing a parameter from one HTML
    > page to another that will be opened from the first one.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > AK

    If you have any server side scripting (ASP, PHP, etc) available then that
    should have capabilities built in and will be the best way to go. If you
    don't have server side scripting then you'll have to fall back on
    JavaScript, and the following reference should help:
    http://www.cryer.co.uk/resources/javascript/script8.htm.

    Be aware that the trouble with using javascript is that it relies on the
    client and some people surf with javascript turned off.

    --
    Brian Cryer
    www.cryer.co.uk/brian
    Brian Cryer, Jan 23, 2006
  4. Anatoly Kurilin

    Jose Guest

    >>Hi, please tell me the easiest way of passing a parameter from one HTML page
    >>> to another that will be opened from the first one.

    > The EASIEST way is to use server side script like PHP or ASP. But if
    > you don't want to use that, you can use Javascript. A quick google of
    > "pass parameter javascript" will reward you with the code.

    I thought this was what cookies were designed for?

    Jose
    Jose, Jan 23, 2006
  5. Jose wrote:
    > >>Hi, please tell me the easiest way of passing a parameter from one HTML page

    > > The EASIEST way is to use server side script like PHP or ASP. But if
    > > you don't want to use that, you can use Javascript. A quick google of
    > > "pass parameter javascript" will reward you with the code.

    > I thought this was what cookies were designed for?

    So because there is one solution all others should be ignored?
    Travis Newbury, Jan 24, 2006
  6. Anatoly Kurilin

    Guest

    Anatoly Kurilin wrote:
    > Hi, please tell me the easiest way of passing a parameter from one HTML page
    > to another that will be opened from the first one.

    In pageone.htm

    What you do in pagetwo.php and, indeed, the type of content in
    pagetwo.php, is up to you.

    --
    Hywel
    , Jan 24, 2006
  7. Anatoly Kurilin

    Greg N. Guest

    Travis Newbury wrote:

    >>>The EASIEST way is to use server side script like PHP or ASP.

    >>I thought this was what cookies were designed for?

    > So because there is one solution all others should be ignored?

    I would consider cookies (primarily) a subset of server scripting.

    --
    Gregor's Motorradreisen:
    http://hothaus.de/greg-tour/
    Greg N., Jan 24, 2006
  8. Anatoly Kurilin

    Jose Guest

    > So because there is one solution all others should be ignored?

    No, but I was surprised that cookies weren't mentioned. I don't know
    which method would be best in his (her?) circumstance, but if there are
    multiple solutions, one should not be ignored either. :)

    Jose
    Jose, Jan 24, 2006