How to pass a parameter?

Anatoly Kurilin

Hi, please tell me the easiest way of passing a parameter from one HTML page
to another that will be opened from the first one.

Thanks in advance,
AK

Travis Newbury

Anatoly said:
Hi, please tell me the easiest way of passing a parameter from one HTML page
to another that will be opened from the first one.

The EASIEST way is to use server side script like PHP or ASP. But if
you don't want to use that, you can use Javascript. A quick google of
"pass parameter javascript" will reward you with the code.

Brian Cryer

Anatoly Kurilin said:
Hi, please tell me the easiest way of passing a parameter from one HTML
page to another that will be opened from the first one.

Thanks in advance,
AK

If you have any server side scripting (ASP, PHP, etc) available then that
should have capabilities built in and will be the best way to go. If you
don't have server side scripting then you'll have to fall back on
JavaScript, and the following reference should help:
http://www.cryer.co.uk/resources/javascript/script8.htm.

Be aware that the trouble with using javascript is that it relies on the
client and some people surf with javascript turned off.

Jose

Hi, please tell me the easiest way of passing a parameter from one HTML page
The EASIEST way is to use server side script like PHP or ASP. But if
you don't want to use that, you can use Javascript. A quick google of
"pass parameter javascript" will reward you with the code.
I thought this was what cookies were designed for?

Jose

hywel.jenkins

Anatoly said:
Hi, please tell me the easiest way of passing a parameter from one HTML page
to another that will be opened from the first one.

In pageone.htm

What you do in pagetwo.php and, indeed, the type of content in
pagetwo.php, is up to you.

Jose

So because there is one solution all others should be ignored?

No, but I was surprised that cookies weren't mentioned. I don't know
which method would be best in his (her?) circumstance, but if there are
multiple solutions, one should not be ignored either. :)

Jose