How to pass the parameters (soap message) to a web service...

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by prasathrk, Nov 27, 2007.

  1. prasathrk

    prasathrk Guest

    Hi,

    I'm calling a web service dynamically by building the SOAP
    message at run-time and sending the request to the web
    service using Visual C++, MSSoap and MSXML etc.

    I'm able to call and execute a method with no parameters.
    However, when I call a method with an input
    param (string) and specify that parameter in the SOAP
    message, it is not being passed into the method. No error
    occurs...but the value of the
    input param is not getting through to the method. While
    testing this issue, I discovered that if I removed the
    entire SOAP body the method still executed without error.
    How can this be? It's almost as if the web service is
    ignoring the SOAP body entirely...and going solely on the
    SOAP header info.
    Any help is really appreciated.

    Webservice is a ASP Webservice created using vb.net...

    Regards,
    Prasath.R.K.

    prasathrk, Nov 27, 2007