how to pass variables invisibly from .aspx to .asp pages?

mike

Hello,

I've got a .aspx page that passes login information to an .asp page
using a querystring. The problem is its not secure, the user can see
the login information right there and type in someone elses login
name. Is there another way to pass the variables?

Thanks,
Mike

Adrienne Boswell

Hello,

I've got a .aspx page that passes login information to an .asp page
using a querystring. The problem is its not secure, the user can see
the login information right there and type in someone elses login
name. Is there another way to pass the variables?

Thanks,
Mike

Munge/encrypt the data in the querystring, and have the ASP page
unmunge/unexcrypt it.

mike

Munge/encrypt the data in the querystring, and have the ASP page
unmunge/unexcrypt it.

Good idea, thanks! Anyone have a suggestion for a simple library to
encrypt/decrypt a querystring?

mike

Good idea, thanks! Anyone have a suggestion for a simple library to
encrypt/decrypt a querystring?

anyone? I bought a library for asp but I cant get it to work in the
aspx code because it uses session variables, which apparently aren't
compatible with the asp pages. I need a really simple routine I can
put in the .aspx file to encrypt the querystring and a decrypt routine
I can put in the asp file. Anyone?

Is there a way of reading aspx session variables with asp code?

-Mike