How to play a Wav/Mp3 from a defined time, and for a certain length ?

Gezzed

Hi !

Is it possible to play an Wav/Mp3 file form a defined time, and for a
certain length ? (With <Embed> ?)
(ie: I have a 5 min MP3, and I want just to play from 1:00 to 1:30).
Does anybody knows how to do this ?

TIA !
G.

Kris

"Gezzed" <[email protected]> said:
Is it possible to play an Wav/Mp3 file form a defined time, and for a
certain length ? (With <Embed> ?)
(ie: I have a 5 min MP3, and I want just to play from 1:00 to 1:30).
Does anybody knows how to do this ?

Use a program that lets you extract this particular section of the
soundfile and link to this on your website.

Gezzed

Use a program that lets you extract this particular section of the
soundfile and link to this on your website.

Thank you but...
if I have an incredible number of tracks, or if I want the music to start
form a random place, etc. ?
I really need this kind of solution, not another.

TIA

G.

Jim Higson

Gezzed said:
Thank you but...
if I have an incredible number of tracks, or if I want the music to start
form a random place, etc. ?
I really need this kind of solution, not another.

Then, no it is not possible.
However, if you have a lot of tracks just find a command line editing tool
and write a script to extract all the bits you want.

Spartanicus

Gezzed said:
Thank you but...
if I have an incredible number of tracks

Tough, put in the work. I've done this on one of my sites with 81 audio
tracks (and converted them to mono), it's perfectly doable.
or if I want the music to start form a random place, etc. ?

Why would you want that, or more importantly: why would your users want
that?
I really need this kind of solution, not another.

It's not reliably possible (at best only MS MediaPlayer or RealPlayer
would support it), and if you have an "incredible" number of tracks it
would eat up far more diskspace than necessary.

Don't focus on what you want, create a solution that works for the
largest possible user base. In that context you shouldn't attempt to
embed the audio as it is guaranteed not to work for a significant number
of users: http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/embed.htm

Gezzed

Tell us what you need and we'll tell you why you don't need it, hey ? :)
It's not reliably possible (at best only MS MediaPlayer or RealPlayer
would support it),
It's on an intranet. So I do whatever I want.

Anyway I've found what I was looking for.
For those who are interested : http://js-x.com/javascript/?view=220
....and use SetPosition

G.

Mark Parnell

It's on an intranet. So I do whatever I want.

Then you should have specified that from the start. All questions are
assumed to be related to the www unless otherwise specified.

WebcastMaker

Then you should have specified that from the start. All questions are
assumed to be related to the www unless otherwise specified.

Think it is Really on an intranet, or just trying to keep people off his
back? (0_o)