    Does anybody knows how to do this ?

    TIA !
    G.

    Gezzed, Aug 24, 2004

  2. Gezzed

    Kris Guest

    In article <cgetln$eg4$>, "Gezzed" <>
    wrote:

    > Is it possible to play an Wav/Mp3 file form a defined time, and for a
    > certain length ? (With <Embed> ?)
    > (ie: I have a 5 min MP3, and I want just to play from 1:00 to 1:30).
    > Does anybody knows how to do this ?

    Use a program that lets you extract this particular section of the
    soundfile and link to this on your website.

    --
    Kris
    <> (nl)

    Kris, Aug 24, 2004

  3. Gezzed

    Gezzed Guest

    > Use a program that lets you extract this particular section of the
    > soundfile and link to this on your website.

    Thank you but...
    if I have an incredible number of tracks, or if I want the music to start
    form a random place, etc. ?
    I really need this kind of solution, not another.

    TIA

    G.

    Gezzed, Aug 24, 2004
  4. Gezzed

    Jim Higson Guest

    Gezzed wrote:

    >> Use a program that lets you extract this particular section of the
    >> soundfile and link to this on your website.

    > Thank you but...
    > if I have an incredible number of tracks, or if I want the music to start
    > form a random place, etc. ?
    > I really need this kind of solution, not another.

    Then, no it is not possible.
    However, if you have a lot of tracks just find a command line editing tool
    and write a script to extract all the bits you want.

    Jim Higson, Aug 24, 2004
  5. Gezzed

    Spartanicus Guest

    "Gezzed" <> wrote:

    >> > Is it possible to play an Wav/Mp3 file form a defined time, and for a
    >> > certain length ? (With <Embed> ?)
    >> > (ie: I have a 5 min MP3, and I want just to play from 1:00 to 1:30).
    >> > Does anybody knows how to do this ?

    >> Use a program that lets you extract this particular section of the
    >> soundfile and link to this on your website.

    >Thank you but...
    >if I have an incredible number of tracks

    Tough, put in the work. I've done this on one of my sites with 81 audio
    tracks (and converted them to mono), it's perfectly doable.

    >or if I want the music to start form a random place, etc. ?

    Why would you want that, or more importantly: why would your users want
    that?

    >I really need this kind of solution, not another.

    It's not reliably possible (at best only MS MediaPlayer or RealPlayer
    would support it), and if you have an "incredible" number of tracks it
    would eat up far more diskspace than necessary.

    Don't focus on what you want, create a solution that works for the
    largest possible user base. In that context you shouldn't attempt to
    embed the audio as it is guaranteed not to work for a significant number
    of users: http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/embed.htm

    --
    Spartanicus

    Spartanicus, Aug 24, 2004
  6. Gezzed

    Gezzed Guest

    Tell us what you need and we'll tell you why you don't need it, hey ? :)

    > It's not reliably possible (at best only MS MediaPlayer or RealPlayer

    would support it),
    It's on an intranet. So I do whatever I want.

    Anyway I've found what I was looking for.
    For those who are interested : http://js-x.com/javascript/?view=220
    ....and use SetPosition

    G.

    Gezzed, Aug 24, 2004
  7. Gezzed

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 14:28:31 +0200, Gezzed <> declared in alt.html:

    > It's on an intranet. So I do whatever I want.

    Then you should have specified that from the start. All questions are
    assumed to be related to the www unless otherwise specified.

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

    Mark Parnell, Aug 25, 2004
  8. Gezzed

    WebcastMaker Guest

    In article <yawvim5ewm1j$.19urlz9883b81$>,
    says...
    > On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 14:28:31 +0200, Gezzed <> declared in alt.html:
    >
    > > It's on an intranet. So I do whatever I want.

    > Then you should have specified that from the start. All questions are
    > assumed to be related to the www unless otherwise specified.

    Think it is Really on an intranet, or just trying to keep people off his
    back? (0_o)
    --
    WebcastMaker
    Webcasting for free

    WebcastMaker, Aug 25, 2004
  9. Gezzed

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 22:20:04 -0400, WebcastMaker <>
    declared in alt.html:

    > Think it is Really on an intranet, or just trying to keep people off his
    > back? (0_o)

    Your guess is as good as mine.

    Mark Parnell, Aug 25, 2004