How to position an IFRAME

QA

I want to open an IFRAME. The chilld IFRAME need to be scrolled 100px from
left and 200px from top. This setup needs to be done from the parent frame.
Is that possbile?

Randy Webb

QA said:
I want to open an IFRAME. The chilld IFRAME need to be scrolled 100px from
left and 200px from top. This setup needs to be done from the parent frame.
Is that possbile?

Yes, it's possible. Use a hash.

<iframe src="somePage.html#anchorName"></iframe>

Then put an anchor in somePage.html where you want it scrolled to.

comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html is preferred to alt.html (or so it
was last I heard)

QA

I don't have access to the child frame, as it is a foreign page. Your method
does not work.

Randy Webb

QA said:
I don't have access to the child frame, as it is a foreign page. Your method
does not work.

If you do not have access to the child frame, then you can not script
it. Its a cross-domain security violation.

And, as has been pointed out, your newsreader is broken.

Copyright also comes into play.

WebcastMaker

Do you have permission from the other site to use their page? If not,
you are in breach of copyright.

Could be, there are a lot of variables we don't know. Not having access
!= don't have permission. (Probably does, but we don't know)