how to print out each single char from a string in HEX format?

mike

guys,

I've researched python pretty much but still have no idea how to print
out each single character from a string in HEX format? Hope someone
can give me some hints. Thanks a lot.

e.g. ###here is a string

a='01234'

###how to print out it out in this way

0x31 0x31 0x32 0x33 0x34

Gabriel Genellina

I've researched python pretty much but still have no idea how to print
out each single character from a string in HEX format? Hope someone
can give me some hints. Thanks a lot.

e.g. ###here is a string

a='01234'

###how to print out it out in this way

0x31 0x31 0x32 0x33 0x34

py> a='01234'
py> for c in a:
.... print "%#x" % ord(c),
0x30 0x31 0x32 0x33 0x34
py>

See <http://docs.python.org/lib/built-in-funcs.html#l2h-55> for the ord()
function and <http://docs.python.org/lib/typesseq-strings.html> for the
"%#x" format

Troels Thomsen

Great! It works.

There is a builtin function called hex() that does the same, but also shares
the same problem as the solution above:

This is probably not "nice" in your printouts, it doesn't allign.

with the printf inspired solution you can set the precision like this:
.... print "%#04x" % ord(c),
0x31 0x32 0x0a 0x33 0x34

regards troels

Grant Edwards

with the printf inspired solution you can set the precision like this:

... print "%#04x" % ord(c),
0x31 0x32 0x0a 0x33 0x34

And if you just want to do the conversion w/o printing:

'0x31 0x32 0x0a 0x33 0x34'

'31 32 0a 33 34'