    same folder or in a different folder?

    Thanks in advance,

    Li

    Li Chen, Oct 20, 2006

  2. Li Chen

    Jan Svitok Guest

    On 10/20/06, Li Chen <> wrote:
    > Hi folks,
    >
    > Assume I have an array=[1,2,3]
    >
    > How do I print/write the result to a file called test.text either in the
    > same folder or in a different folder?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Li

    It depends on the format you want, e.g.

    File.open('path/to/test.txt', 'w') do |f|
    f.write(array.join(', '))
    end

    1. you can use forward slashes (/) even on windows
    2. instead of f.write you could use f.puts, f.print, etc.
    3. another version is:

    f = File.open(',...', 'w')
    f.puts ...
    f.close

    The block version is safer than this as it closes the file
    automatically, even in the case of exception within the block.
    Jan Svitok, Oct 20, 2006