How to recompile my asp.net site

David

HI, I know this might be very basic, but I have a asp.net site that I need
to recompile. I do have asp,net, although I have no idea how to use it. I
did see some info that I can use vbc.exe to recompile the site, but have no
idea how. Any info would be really appreciated.

Thanks
David

Tom Kaminski [MVP]

David said:
HI, I know this might be very basic, but I have a asp.net site that I need
to recompile. I do have asp,net, although I have no idea how to use it. I
did see some info that I can use vbc.exe to recompile the site, but have no
idea how. Any info would be really appreciated.

The obvious choice would be Visual Studio .NET, but how about Web Matrix?
http://www.asp.net/Tools/redir.aspx?path=webmatrix

--
Tom Kaminski IIS MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Bryant Hankins

Just put the site on a web server that supports ASP.NET. Create a virtual
directory and put your files in it. Point a web browser at a .aspx page and
the ASP.NET framework will handle compiling it on the fly.

Now if you want to precompile it, you would have to use a 3rd party tool
like this:
http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/PreCompileAspx.asp

This all assumes you are using the inline rather than code-behind method. If
you are using code-behind (the site will have a bunch of .cs or .vb files in
addition to the .aspx files), then you will have have to compile those
code-behind files before deploying. You could do that through VS.NET (just
open the .sln file) or use the command-line compilers (csc.exe or vbc.exe)

David

Thanks for the replies. I ave a vbproj file which is the main file. In
using the vbc.exe, how do I use this file?

Thanks Again
David