How to register an HTTPhandler with custom namespacing

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?ZGFGb3U=?=, Nov 16, 2005.

  1. Hi All,

    I have build an HTTPhandler that worked perfectly. But after i played around
    with the assemblyName and the namespace and such it stoped working. even
    after i changed the webconfig to reflect my changes.

    The Error is:
    Could not load type 'DiversitY.Web.PersistentConnections.Receiver' from
    assembly 'DiversitY.Web.PersistentConnections.Receiver'

    this is the web.config section
    <httpHandlers>
    <add verb="*" path="*.conn"
    type="DiversitY.Web.PersistentConnections.Receiver,
    DiversitY.Web.PersistentConnections.Receiver" />
    </httpHandlers>

    This is the dll file:
    DiversitY.Web.PersistentConnections.Receiver.dll

    The assemblyName of the project is:
    DiversitY.Web.PersistentConnections.Receiver

    The root namespace is DiversitY

    The code of the project is like this:
    Namespace Web.PersistentConnections
    Public Class Receiver
    End Class
    End Namespace

    Please someone help me to get it working again
    =?Utf-8?B?ZGFGb3U=?=, Nov 16, 2005