    anything.

    TIA

    Fred

    fjanon, Nov 23, 2006

  2. fjanon

    Randy Webb Guest

    Re: How to remove the header and footer from HTML/Javascript whenprinting with IE?

    fjanon said the following on 11/23/2006 3:44 AM:
    > Is there a way to remove the default footer/header from the printed
    > page when printing a page from HTML/Javascript in IE 6? I want to use
    > letterhead paper and I have to remove manually the header/footer from
    > the default printer setting. I know that IE has lots of
    > options/features, I spent a good time on MSDN but could not find
    > anything.

    Use CSS to control it.
    comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets
    --
    Randy
    Chance Favors The Prepared Mind

    Randy Webb, Nov 23, 2006

  3. fjanon

    ASM Guest

    fjanon a écrit :
    > Is there a way to remove the default footer/header from the printed
    > page when printing a page from HTML/Javascript in IE 6? I want to use
    > letterhead paper and I have to remove manually the header/footer from
    > the default printer setting. I know that IE has lots of
    > options/features, I spent a good time on MSDN but could not find
    > anything.

    This features aren't in your menu: File / Print / Setting ?
    IE Win doesn't remember your preferences ?

    ASM, Nov 23, 2006
  4. fjanon

    fjanon Guest

    I have checked CSS and I didn't see anyhting besides the "media=print"
    that allows to select another stylesheet. Could you tell me more about
    how you would do that with CSS?

    Thanks

    fjanon, Nov 23, 2006
  5. fjanon

    ASM Guest

    Randy Webb a écrit :
    > fjanon said the following on 11/23/2006 3:44 AM:
    >> Is there a way to remove the default footer/header from the printed
    >> page when printing a page from HTML/Javascript in IE 6? I want to use
    >> letterhead paper and I have to remove manually the header/footer from
    >> the default printer setting.

    > Use CSS to control it.

    You really think it is possible to fix soft's printing features via CSS?

    For content of the page, I agree, but about header and footer added by
    the navigator when you print ... ?

    ASM, Nov 23, 2006
  6. fjanon

    VK Guest

    fjanon wrote:
    > Is there a way to remove the default footer/header from the printed
    > page when printing a page from HTML/Javascript in IE 6?

    No (unless some 3rd party software with scriptable interface is
    installed).

    VK, Nov 23, 2006