How to remove the header and footer from HTML/Javascript when printing with IE?

fjanon

Is there a way to remove the default footer/header from the printed
page when printing a page from HTML/Javascript in IE 6? I want to use
letterhead paper and I have to remove manually the header/footer from
the default printer setting. I know that IE has lots of
options/features, I spent a good time on MSDN but could not find
anything.

TIA

Fred

Randy Webb

fjanon said the following on 11/23/2006 3:44 AM:
Is there a way to remove the default footer/header from the printed
page when printing a page from HTML/Javascript in IE 6? I want to use
letterhead paper and I have to remove manually the header/footer from
the default printer setting. I know that IE has lots of
options/features, I spent a good time on MSDN but could not find
anything.

Use CSS to control it.
comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets

ASM

fjanon a écrit :
Is there a way to remove the default footer/header from the printed
page when printing a page from HTML/Javascript in IE 6? I want to use
letterhead paper and I have to remove manually the header/footer from
the default printer setting. I know that IE has lots of
options/features, I spent a good time on MSDN but could not find
anything.

This features aren't in your menu: File / Print / Setting ?
IE Win doesn't remember your preferences ?

fjanon

I have checked CSS and I didn't see anyhting besides the "media=print"
that allows to select another stylesheet. Could you tell me more about
how you would do that with CSS?

Thanks

ASM

Randy Webb a écrit :
fjanon said the following on 11/23/2006 3:44 AM:

Use CSS to control it.

You really think it is possible to fix soft's printing features via CSS?

For content of the page, I agree, but about header and footer added by
the navigator when you print ... ?

VK

fjanon said:
Is there a way to remove the default footer/header from the printed
page when printing a page from HTML/Javascript in IE 6?

No (unless some 3rd party software with scriptable interface is
installed).