how to restore the original perspective in eclipse

Discussion in 'Java' started by david wolf, Mar 23, 2006.

  1. david wolf

    david wolf Guest

    Hi,

    In Eclipse, In debug perspective, somehow I changed the placement of
    each window(view) in the perspective. How to change the position of
    these windows back to its default position.

    right now, I have serveral windows docking with each other. I want them
    to be displayed in a vertical way (like three window side by side
    vertically), How to do that?

    Also if I close one window(actually one view) in the perspective, I
    need to go to Window-> show view to add there again. I am just
    wondering if there is a way to restore the default number and position
    of views in the perspective.

    Thanks,

    David
    david wolf, Mar 23, 2006

  2. Hello,

    you can restore the perspective to its default
    by using "Window" -> "Reset Perspective".

    I'm not sure if i got you right depending the
    question about vertical alignment, but have
    you tried to drag the desired tabs to the
    "Package Explorer" view? As you're leaving
    the editor it should be docked vertically.

    greetings
    Bernhard Huemer

    Bernhard Huemer, Mar 23, 2006

  3. david wolf