    If there's already an article, could you kindly point me to it?

    Thank you very much!

    Nik

    Nik, Jan 11, 2007

  2. Nik

    James Britt Guest

    Nik wrote:
    > Hello all!
    >
    > Thanks for reading my post first!
    >
    > Would anyone be kind enough to instruct me to link my photos I uploaded
    > to Amazon S3 (by using JungleDisk) on my Ruby on Rails app?
    >
    > If there's already an article, could you kindly point me to it?

    To get stuff via http, the object has to be publicly readable.

    You can then make a URL from the default s3 domain and the bucket name +
    object name

    For example, rubyaz.org uses s3 to serve some images.

    The bucket name is

    /e3static.rubyaz.org/images/

    An object is

    cyclonemap.jpg

    So the URL is

    http://s3.amazonaws.com/e3static.rubyaz.org/images/cyclonemap.jpg

    If you want to use a nice URL that maps to your application domain, you
    need to do some DNS CNAME stuff.

    Then you can do this:

    http://e3static.rubyaz.org/images/cyclonemap.jpg

    If there's something else you need to do that is Rails related, you
    would do better to ask on the Rails mailing list.

    --
    James Britt

    "I can see them saying something like 'OMG Three Wizards Awesome'"
    - billinboston, on reddit.com

    James Britt, Jan 11, 2007

  3. Giles Bowkett, Jan 11, 2007
  4. Nik

    James Britt Guest

    James Britt, Jan 11, 2007
  5. On 1/10/07, James Britt <> wrote:
    > Giles Bowkett wrote:
    > > Definitely check the Rails list for Rails questions. That being said,
    > > there's an S3 library from 37 Signals you might like.
    > >
    > > http://www.rubyinside.com/advent2006/1-amazon-s3.html

    > I had some issues with that lib, and did better with net-amazon-s3:
    >
    > http://wonko.com/files/net-amazon-s3/doc/

    Actually, I have to admit, I haven't used it at all. About three days
    before it was announced I finished up the S3 component of a Rails
    site. What I'd done was pretty simple, I just took the existing S3
    demo code from Amazon and wrapped it in a Bucket object which knew how
    to save files to itself. The only tricky part was getting files to
    stream, and that was a very small fix I found on a blog at
    missiondata.com.

    --
    Giles Bowkett
    http://www.gilesgoatboy.org

    Giles Bowkett, Jan 11, 2007
  6. Nik

    Jan Svitok Guest

    On 1/11/07, Anjum Pathan <> wrote:
    > hello...
    > i am doin a project where i need to design a web user interface..
    > the environment i am using is LINUX.
    > for doing web application things on windows environment we use IIS server
    > and ASP.

    Please don't hijack threads, start your own thread with a proper subject.
    That way you will not disturb the original topic as you have done now,
    and people will more likely notice your question.

    Technically: please don't use the "Reply" button, use the "New mail" instead.

    Thanks.

    Jan Svitok, Jan 11, 2007