How to run .exe file from console

leoman730

Hi, I need some help
Anyone could tell me how to run a .exe file from console??
For example, I have a file called A.exe, how can I execute it in the
console (WinXP cmd)
I have tried to use this: run A.exe
but I could see this start the program however it was hidden such that
i didnt see anything happen in the console but if i check teh window
task manager, i found the process for this application.
Anyway to show the exectution in the console??
Many thanks.

Jim Langston

leoman730 said:
Hi, I need some help
Anyone could tell me how to run a .exe file from console??
For example, I have a file called A.exe, how can I execute it in the
console (WinXP cmd)
I have tried to use this: run A.exe
but I could see this start the program however it was hidden such that
i didnt see anything happen in the console but if i check teh window
task manager, i found the process for this application.
Anyway to show the exectution in the console??
Many thanks.

Off topic but...

From console:
or
A.exe

From C or C++:
system("A");
or
system("A.exe");

Either way you need to be in the right path, or specify it. Either:
cd \source\myprogram\

or
\source\myprogram\A