How to send the name of an email sender along with his address

Icon Iconoclast

Hi!
I've created a web-based anonymous email service at
http://tinyurl.com/anonmail. Everything works fine but I would like to know
how to make it possible for the SENDER to send his name along with his
address.

The recipient gets something like:
(e-mail address removed)

I would like it to be like:
Anonymous Man <[email protected]>

Services like Hotmail and Gmail do this all the time. I just need to know
which ASP.NET class/method should I use to accommodate the NAME of the
sender.

Thanks!
Icon

Guest

Hi!
     I've created a web-based anonymous email service athttp://tinyurl.com/anonmail. Everything works fine but I would like to know
how to make it possible for the SENDER to send his name along with his
address.

The recipient gets something like:
(e-mail address removed)

I would like it to be like:
Anonymous Man <[email protected]>

Services like Hotmail and Gmail do this all the time. I just need to know
which ASP.NET class/method should I use to accommodate the NAME of the
sender.

Thanks!
Icon

Dim mail As New MailMessage()
mail.To = "(e-mail address removed)"
mail.From = """John Smith"" <[email protected]>"

Hope this helps

Karl Mitschke

Hello Icon,
Hi!
I've created a web-based anonymous email service at
http://tinyurl.com/anonmail. Everything works fine but I would like to
know
how to make it possible for the SENDER to send his name along with his
address.

The recipient gets something like:
(e-mail address removed)
I would like it to be like:
Anonymous Man <[email protected]>
Services like Hotmail and Gmail do this all the time. I just need to
know which ASP.NET class/method should I use to accommodate the NAME
of the sender.

Thanks!
Icon

I hate to nit-pick here, but you created an anonymous email service, and
you want the name and email address of the sender?

I'd say you haven't created an anonymous email service at all ;)

Kar