    sender.

    Thanks!
    Icon
    Icon Iconoclast, Sep 30, 2009

  2. On Sep 30, 11:47 am, "Icon Iconoclast" <icon_iconocl...@h-o-t-m-a-i-
    l.com> wrote:
    > Hi!
    >      I've created a web-based anonymous email service athttp://tinyurl.com/anonmail. Everything works fine but I would like to know
    > how to make it possible for the SENDER to send his name along with his
    > address.
    >
    > The recipient gets something like:
    >

    > I would like it to be like:
    > Anonymous Man <>
    >
    > Services like Hotmail and Gmail do this all the time. I just need to know
    > which ASP.NET class/method should I use to accommodate the NAME of the
    > sender.
    >
    > Thanks!
    > Icon

    Dim mail As New MailMessage()
    mail.To = ""
    mail.From = """John Smith"" <>"

    Hope this helps
    Alexey Smirnov, Sep 30, 2009

  3. On Sep 30, 2:28 pm, Alexey Smirnov <> wrote:
    > On Sep 30, 11:47 am, "Icon Iconoclast" <icon_iconocl...@h-o-t-m-a-i-
    >

    > l.com> wrote:
    > > Hi!
    > >      I've created a web-based anonymous email service athttp://tinyurl.com/anonmail. Everything works fine but I would like to know
    > > how to make it possible for the SENDER to send his name along with his
    > > address.

    > > The recipient gets something like:
    > >

    > > I would like it to be like:
    > > Anonymous Man <>

    > > Services like Hotmail and Gmail do this all the time. I just need to know
    > > which ASP.NET class/method should I use to accommodate the NAME of the
    > > sender.

    > > Thanks!
    > > Icon

    > Dim mail As New MailMessage()
    > mail.To = ""
    > mail.From = """John Smith"" <>"
    >
    > Hope this helps- Hide quoted text -

    Or

    MailAddress from = new MailAddress("", "Ben Miller");

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.net.mail.mailmessage.from.aspx

    The DisplayName can contain non-ASCII characters if you encode them.
    Alexey Smirnov, Sep 30, 2009
  4. Hello Icon,

    > Hi!
    > I've created a web-based anonymous email service at
    > http://tinyurl.com/anonmail. Everything works fine but I would like to
    > know
    > how to make it possible for the SENDER to send his name along with his
    > address.
    >
    > The recipient gets something like:
    >
    > I would like it to be like:
    > Anonymous Man <>
    > Services like Hotmail and Gmail do this all the time. I just need to
    > know which ASP.NET class/method should I use to accommodate the NAME
    > of the sender.
    >
    > Thanks!
    > Icon

    I hate to nit-pick here, but you created an anonymous email service, and
    you want the name and email address of the sender?

    I'd say you haven't created an anonymous email service at all ;)

    Kar
    Karl Mitschke, Oct 1, 2009