How to stop HTML View from messing up HTML code

Anders K. Jacobsen [DK]

I simple can't get visual studio 2003 to stop messing with my HTML code. I
have unchecked all formating options under Tools / Options / Text editor /
HTML/XML / Format

I have even tried to uncheck every assitence i could see remotly related to
this.

But it just keeps messing it up.

And justyfying and linebreaks is a joke. Is there a way "maybe under the
hood" where i can 100% disable html formating?

Thanks in regards
Anders Jaobsen

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

That's one of the most frequent complaints about VS.NET 2003.

Unfortunately, you can't stop all of the changes.

You might want to set another program as your default HTML editor. Other
than that, wait for VS 2005 - MS has heard the complaints.

Jeremy S.

Regarding this issue, someone once posted the URL to a MSFT employee blog
that described the origin of this issue - a very good write-up. Does anyone
know what that URL is? I saw it in this group at some point last year.

Thanks!

Anders K. Jacobsen [DK]

You might want to set another program as your default HTML editor. Other
than that, wait for VS 2005 - MS has heard the complaints.

Ok then I shall say no more and wait. ....HOW CAN THIS BE TRUE!. Sorry for
shouting. Just bought the bloody product to develope asp.net in and now i
have to use an external editor for something as simple as editing html wich
has been around for...(20 years ?!?)

Grrrr. ;)

Anders