How to tell ruby where header files are?

Mika Tuupola

I have sqlite3 installed in /usr/local/sqlite3. Thus
my sqlite3.h file is at /usr/local/sqlite3/include/sqlite3.h.

How do I tell that to ruby when building sqlite3 extension?

Running

ruby setup.rb config

fails with

-cut-
/usr/local/ruby//bin/ruby
/usr/local/src/sqlite3-ruby-1.1.0/ext/sqlite3_api/extconf.rb
setup.rb:472: warning: Insecure world writable dir /export, mode 040777
checking for sqlite3.h... no
<--- ext/sqlite3_api
<--- ext
-cut-

Mika Tuupola

I have sqlite3 installed in /usr/local/sqlite3. Thus
my sqlite3.h file is at /usr/local/sqlite3/include/sqlite3.h.

How do I tell that to ruby when building sqlite3 extension?

Ok figured that one out. Example with using gem:

#gem install sqlite3 -- --with-sqlite3-dir=/usr/local/sqlite3