How to understand the signature from lib file?

3

3mwn8tbfrd19ph0

I used dumpbin to dump all the functions from the lib file.
But I don't understand the function signature. Something like
__imp_?Update@CSet@@IAEXXZ

Where can I find the document to understand this or any tool to
translate that into c/c++ language?

Thanks,
Steve

James Kanze

I used dumpbin to dump all the functions from the lib file.
But I don't understand the function signature. Something like
__imp_?Update@CSet@@IAEXXZ
Where can I find the document to understand this or any tool to
translate that into c/c++ language?

It's implementation defined, but your compiler probably comes
with a tool to convert it. With Unix based compilers, look for
something like c++filt or c++filter---the nm command also
usually has an option -C, which sometime even works. In the
Windows world, mangling is sometimes called decoration, so you
might want to look for something with either undecorate or
demangle its name as well.