How to upgrade python from 2.3 to 2.4

yinglcs

Hi,

Red hat 4 comes with python 2.3, and I am trying to upgrade to python
2.4. So I download and compile the source of python2.4.

But as I run it I get the following error, can you please tell me how
to fix it?

# /root/src/Python-2.4.4/python ./nov/scripts/stressTestServlet.py ./
nov/scripts/stressTestInputFile 10 127.0.0.1
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./nov/scripts/stressTestServlet.py", line 6, in ?
import time
ImportError: No module named time

Ramashish Baranwal

Hi,

Red hat 4 comes with python 2.3, and I am trying to upgrade to python
2.4. So I download and compile the source of python2.4.

But as I run it I get the following error, can you please tell me how
to fix it?

# /root/src/Python-2.4.4/python ./nov/scripts/stressTestServlet.py ./
nov/scripts/stressTestInputFile 10 127.0.0.1
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./nov/scripts/stressTestServlet.py", line 6, in ?
import time
ImportError: No module named time

The best way to do it will be to use your operating system package
manager. If you have yum (a package manager for red hat distributions)
installed, it might be as simple as-

# yum update python

HTH
Ram

yinglcs

The best way to do it will be to use your operating system package
manager. If you have yum (a package manager for red hat distributions)
installed, it might be as simple as-

# yum update python

HTH
Ram

I don't have yum. So I download and compile python. So how can I run
the python in the new version?