    ---
    Posted using Wimdows.net NntpNews Component -

    Post Made from http://www.DotNetJunkies.com/newsgroups Our newsgroup engine supports Post Alerts, Ratings, and Searching.

    DotNetJunkies User, Jul 31, 2004

  2. DotNetJunkies User

    Joerg Jooss Guest

    DotNetJunkies User wrote:
    > The HTMLInputFile control works fine up to 25 MB with changing
    > MaxRequestLen in web.config but didn't work for greater size of the
    > file..does anybody have the idea how to do that.??

    Quite frankly, doing a 4 GB upload through ASP.NET is insane, as it blows up
    your worker process (it will keep all uploaded bytes in memory until the
    upload is finished). You're much better off using another protocol for such
    heavy weight operations.

    Cheers,

    --
    Joerg Jooss

    Joerg Jooss, Jul 31, 2004

  3. DotNetJunkies User

    Lucas Tam Guest

    DotNetJunkies User <> wrote in

    > The HTMLInputFile control works fine up to 25 MB with changing
    > MaxRequestLen in web.config but didn't work for greater size of the
    > file..does anybody have the idea how to do that.??

    FTP.

    Because I bet the Inputfile control stores the file into memory... thus
    blowing your server up.

    --
    Lucas Tam ()

    Lucas Tam, Jul 31, 2004
  4. DotNetJunkies User

    Joe Fallon Guest

    Get a 3rd party control that breaks the file up into chunks and streams it
    to the server.
    This way you do not overload the RAM and blow up your server.
    --
    Joe Fallon

    Joe Fallon, Aug 1, 2004