how to use asychronous calls

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by SenthilVel, May 15, 2006.

  1. SenthilVel

    SenthilVel Guest

    Hi all

    i have a requirement in my application where in need to call a web service:

    1. My client calls my webservice .
    2. when i receive a call from my web servcie i need to notify my client that
    "Process started".
    3. i need to return the Message "Process Started " and in the background i
    need to continue the work which the WebService method is intended to do .
    4. once i complete the work in the webservice , i need to send a reault back
    to my client.

    Client -->WS -->Replies a messages to client (Process started)

    WS->completes the work and sends a Result --->Client.

    must i use asychronus calls ?
    must i use multi threading ?
    How can i do this ?

    Thanks