how to use Perl module - Perl Magick??? i am a newbie.

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by jadkit@gmail.com, Feb 6, 2006.

    I am on a webserver which i have only FTP access. I used a
    servercheck.cgi script which tell me that there is a Perl Magick module
    installed on the server. it says

    5.005::i686-linux::Image::Magick

    then i tried to execute scripts below

    #!/usr/bin/perl
    use "Image::Magick";

    print "Content-Type: text/html\n\n";
    print "Script ok";

    and

    #!/usr/bin/perl
    use "5.005::i686-linux::Image::Magick";

    print "Content-Type: text/html\n\n";
    print "Script ok";

    but they just don't work. any ideas please?????

    Cheers,
    Jadkit.

    , Feb 6, 2006

  2. J. Gleixner Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am on a webserver which i have only FTP access. I used a
    > servercheck.cgi script which tell me that there is a Perl Magick module
    > installed on the server. it says

    Why not ask your ISP, first?

    > but they just don't work. any ideas please?????

    Define "don't work". Actually, no, ask your ISP about it.

    J. Gleixner, Feb 6, 2006

  3. Paul Lalli Guest

    wrote:
    > I am on a webserver which i have only FTP access. I used a
    > servercheck.cgi script which tell me that there is a Perl Magick module
    > installed on the server. it says

    DO NOT MULTIPOST!

    Your question has been asked and answered in another thread in another
    newsgroup/list:
    http://groups.google.com/group/perl..._frm/thread/1644e57722999b65/87bc51b0f19543e5

    By posting multiple copies of the same message to multiple groups, you
    are being rude. You have not given anyone any way of knowing that the
    question has been addressed already, thus allowing them to waste time
    by possibly repeating what has already been said.

    If you *need* to post to more than one group, then cross-post. That
    is, post one message to the multiple groups, by including both groups
    on the To: line

    Paul Lalli

    Paul Lalli, Feb 6, 2006