How to use session without cookies?

Brett

I'd like to maintain state between webpages without using cookies. Does
ASP.NET allow sessions via URL or some other method than cookies? Any
comments and web references are appreciated.

Thanks,
Brett

Gabriel Lozano-Morán

Example of how the store session state locally, add this to your web.config

<configuration>
<system.web>
<sessionState mode="InProc"
cookieless="true"
timeout="20"/>
</sessionState>
</system.web>
</configuration>

You can also have an SQL Server as a state server. Take a look at for more
info about the sessionState element:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...us/cpgenref/html/gngrfsessionstatesection.asp

If I am not mistaken it should be possible to even create a custom session
state store provider in ASP.NET 2.0.

Gabriel Lozano-Morán

Brock Allen

If I am not mistaken it should be possible to even create a custom
session state store provider in ASP.NET 2.0.

Yes, this is correct. The class you must inherit from is SessionStateStoreProviderBase.