How To maintain Session state without cookies

Oscar Onorato

Hello colleagues:

Somebody know that good alternatives I have, in addition to the cookies, to maintain the session state?
Where an example of it can be seen?
Thanks

Agile Processes:

"Assume that the most important factor in a project's success is the quality of the people on the project and how well they work together in human terms.
Which process they use and which tools they use are strictly second-order effects."

Martin Fowler (Distilled UML Third Ed.)

clintonG

ASP.NET supports using SQL Server to maintain state when cookies
can not be used. Go to MSDN [1] and read documentation.

--
<%= Clinton Gallagher, "Twice the Results -- Half the Cost"
Architectural & e-Business Consulting -- Software Development

[1] http://msdn.microsoft.com/

Hello colleagues:

Somebody know that good alternatives I have, in addition to the cookies, to maintain the session state?
Where an example of it can be seen?
Thanks

Agile Processes:

"Assume that the most important factor in a project's success is the quality of the people on the project and how well they work together in human terms.
Which process they use and which tools they use are strictly second-order effects."

Martin Fowler (Distilled UML Third Ed.)

Karl Seguin

The question is somewhat misleading. Session state is never stored in the cookie, only the sessionId which is used to retrieve the session state. Or alternatively, you could be telling us that you are using your own session managment classes and using cookies...

If the first case is true, and you simply don't want session Ids stored in cookies, you can simply go in your web.config, and set the <sessionState cookieless="true" ... />

If the second case is true, I'd suggest you use the built-in session capabilities of ASP.Net, and the link provided by clinton is a good place to start.

Karl

--
MY ASP.Net tutorials
http://www.openmymind.net/

Hello colleagues:

Somebody know that good alternatives I have, in addition to the cookies, to maintain the session state?
Where an example of it can be seen?
Thanks

Agile Processes:

"Assume that the most important factor in a project's success is the quality of the people on the project and how well they work together in human terms.
Which process they use and which tools they use are strictly second-order effects."

Martin Fowler (Distilled UML Third Ed.)

Saravana

Cookieless session is supporting in ASP.NET, you just need to set this
property "cookieless" in sessionstate section in web.config to true. For
more details, refer this link
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...us/cpgenref/html/gngrfsessionstatesection.asp

--
Saravana
www.ExtremeExperts.com

Hello colleagues:

Somebody know that good alternatives I have, in addition to the cookies, to
maintain the session state?
Where an example of it can be seen?
Thanks

Agile Processes:

"Assume that the most important factor in a project's success is the quality
of the people on the project and how well they work together in human terms.
Which process they use and which tools they use are strictly second-order
effects."

Martin Fowler (Distilled UML Third Ed.)

Oscar Onorato

Thank you Saravana