how to use SSL

Brandon McCombs

I need some help on setting up SSL to use with JNDI and accessing an
LDAP server. Do I need a CA cert, client cert, server cert, a
combination of those or none of them? Java docs on sun.com aren't
clear on exactly what is needed. What stores do I put them in and what
references do I need in my code?

tom fredriksen

Brandon said:
I need some help on setting up SSL to use with JNDI and accessing an
LDAP server. Do I need a CA cert, client cert, server cert, a
combination of those or none of them? Java docs on sun.com aren't
clear on exactly what is needed. What stores do I put them in and what
references do I need in my code?

To set up ssl on the server side you need a server certificate which you
can generate yourself, a test certificate. The CA cert would then be
generated by you as well.

When it comes to how to use it you can look at 3rd party providers, f.ex
openssl, cryptix or others.

/tom