    Could anyone tell me how to use the VS debugger to check the connection pool
    size?

    Wei Lu
    Wei Lu, Feb 17, 2009

  2. "Wei Lu" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have changed my connection code to avoid the connection leak. So the
    > next step is to verify it works.
    >
    > Could anyone tell me how to use the VS debugger to check the connection
    > pool size?

    What are you connecting to? Its probably easier to monitor the DB you are
    connecting to to see how many connections are open.

    --
    Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET
    Anthony Jones, Feb 17, 2009

  3. Wei  Lu

    Steven Cheng Guest

    Hi Wei,

    As for the db connection, are you using "using" block or "try ...finally"
    to dispose the AseConnection?

    If so, I think the best approach to verify your connection cleanup behavior
    is performing some stress test. For your ASP.NET web application ,you can
    use some webstress tools(or maually build a simple client program) to
    request some aspx page which will perform data access operation.

    After stressing it for a while, you can use debugger to attach your
    application so as to check the status of the connection pool. According to
    the information from your previous thread. The "AseConnectionPool" class is
    the type you need to check. And the following two fields will help you
    determine whether the connection pool is under healthy status:

    ** AseConnectionPool.Available

    ** AseConnectionPool.Size

    The "Available" property indicate how many existing connections pooled are
    available for new comming request( to connecct a certain database). If you
    find that the number is zero(and there is no much current running threads
    accessing db), there must be something wrong with the connection cleanup.

    If you have any questions on this, please feel free to post here.

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng

    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    .