    unfortunately, I can only get the source code of a.jsp, which is
    useless to me.
    Is there any other methods for doing this?
    Yang, Apr 17, 2007

  2. Yang wrote:
    > I have a jsp page that takes one parameter say: http://www.a.com/a.jsp?id=1
    >
    > and use different id to generate different pages,
    > now I want to get the results from that and I use
    >>> wget "http://www.a.com/a.jsp?id=1"

    > unfortunately, I can only get the source code of a.jsp, which is
    > useless to me.
    > Is there any other methods for doing this?

    wget just gets what the server sends.

    If you get the JSP source, then the server is misconfigured.

    Arne
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=, Apr 18, 2007

  3. Yang

    Yang Guest

    On Apr 17, 7:19 pm, Arne Vajhøj <> wrote:
    > Yang wrote:
    > > I have a jsp page that takes one parameter say:http://www.a.com/a.jsp?id=1

    > > and use different id to generate different pages,
    > > now I want to get the results from that and I use

    > > unfortunately, I can only get the source code of a.jsp, which is
    > > useless to me.
    > > Is there any other methods for doing this?

    > wget just gets what the server sends.
    >
    > If you get the JSP source, then the server is misconfigured.
    >
    > Arne

    But that's exactly what I've got! How should I set up a server?
    Can you give an example of jsp sites with parameters that will
    return not the source? Thanks.
    Yang, Apr 18, 2007
  4. Yang

    Lew Guest

    <http://onesearch.sun.com/search/onesearch/index.jsp?qt=jsp+with+parameters>

    --
    Lew
    Lew, Apr 18, 2007
  5. Yang

    Yang Guest

    On Apr 17, 11:16 pm, Lew <> wrote:
    > Yang wrote:
    > > Can you give an example of jsp sites with parameters that will
    > > return not the source? Thanks.

    > <http://onesearch.sun.com/search/onesearch/index.jsp?qt=jsp+with+param...>
    >
    > --
    > Lew

    Thanks Lew, then how should I set up the server that it won't return
    the source code but the result page?
    Yang, Apr 18, 2007
  6. Yang

    Lew Guest

    Yang wrote:
    > Thanks Lew, then how should I set up the server that it won't return
    > the source code but the result page?

    That all depends on what server you're using.

    The JEE standard is to put a WAR file or its equivalent directory structure in
    the server's web-app directory ("webapps/" for Tomcat). Most application
    servers have an administrator utility to help with the deployment process.
    Some, like Tomcat, can deploy a web app as easily as dropping the WAR file in
    its webapps/ directory.

    What servlet container are you using, and what do its instructions indicate
    for web-app deployment?

    --
    Lew
    Lew, Apr 19, 2007
  7. Yang

    Yang Guest

    On Apr 18, 7:29 pm, Lew <> wrote:
    > Yangwrote:
    > > Thanks Lew, then how should I set up the server that it won't return
    > > the source code but the result page?

    > That all depends on what server you're using.
    >
    > The JEE standard is to put a WAR file or its equivalent directory structure in
    > the server's web-app directory ("webapps/" for Tomcat). Most application
    > servers have an administrator utility to help with the deployment process.
    > Some, like Tomcat, can deploy a web app as easily as dropping the WAR file in
    > its webapps/ directory.
    >
    > What servlet container are you using, and what do its instructions indicate
    > for web-app deployment?
    >
    > --
    > Lew

    I'm using tomcat, but since it's only a simple JSP page, I put it
    directly under
    webapps/ROOT/ directory, should I pack it up in a war file and put it
    somewhere?
    Yang, Apr 20, 2007