How to use wget to get information of a jsp page

Yang

I have a jsp page that takes one parameter say: http://www.a.com/a.jsp?id=1

and use different id to generate different pages,
now I want to get the results from that and I use
unfortunately, I can only get the source code of a.jsp, which is
useless to me.
Is there any other methods for doing this?

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

Yang said:
I have a jsp page that takes one parameter say: http://www.a.com/a.jsp?id=1

and use different id to generate different pages,
now I want to get the results from that and I use

unfortunately, I can only get the source code of a.jsp, which is
useless to me.
Is there any other methods for doing this?

wget just gets what the server sends.

If you get the JSP source, then the server is misconfigured.

Arne

Yang

wget just gets what the server sends.

If you get the JSP source, then the server is misconfigured.

Arne

But that's exactly what I've got! How should I set up a server?
Can you give an example of jsp sites with parameters that will
return not the source? Thanks.

Lew

Yang said:
Thanks Lew, then how should I set up the server that it won't return
the source code but the result page?

That all depends on what server you're using.

The JEE standard is to put a WAR file or its equivalent directory structure in
the server's web-app directory ("webapps/" for Tomcat). Most application
servers have an administrator utility to help with the deployment process.
Some, like Tomcat, can deploy a web app as easily as dropping the WAR file in
its webapps/ directory.

What servlet container are you using, and what do its instructions indicate
for web-app deployment?

Yang

Yangwrote:

That all depends on what server you're using.

The JEE standard is to put a WAR file or its equivalent directory structure in
the server's web-app directory ("webapps/" for Tomcat). Most application
servers have an administrator utility to help with the deployment process.
Some, like Tomcat, can deploy a web app as easily as dropping the WAR file in
its webapps/ directory.

What servlet container are you using, and what do its instructions indicate
for web-app deployment?

I'm using tomcat, but since it's only a simple JSP page, I put it
directly under
webapps/ROOT/ directory, should I pack it up in a war file and put it
somewhere?