How to zoom in/out image and lines like google maps?

Discussion in 'Java' started by au.danji@gmail.com, Feb 23, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Hello all, could anybody tell me how to zoom in/out images
    and lines?

    I want to create a application like google maps or mapquest,
    find the shortest path between two points in the image, then draw
    the path in the image,

    After drawing the shortest path, user need to zoom in/out the
    direction map,
    so I need to zoom in/out the .jpg image, from my research, seems that
    I can use AffineTransform to zoom in/out the image, but how can I
    redraw the
    path(lines) in the picture?

    Also, after zoom in, the user also need to see different parts of the
    whole picture,
    for example, use can click up/down/left/right button to see different
    parts of the map?

    Thank you for any ideas or example code.

    , Feb 23, 2007

  2. wrote:
    > Hello all, could anybody tell me how to zoom in/out images
    > and lines?

    see java.awt.Graphics2D#scale or java.awt.Graphics2D#setTransform
    respectively.

    Bye
    Michael

    Michael Rauscher, Feb 23, 2007

    Get a Phd from Stanford with 4.0 GPA, thats how google does it

    On Feb 23, 11:27 am, "" <> wrote:
    > Hello all, could anybody tell me how to zoom in/out images
    > and lines?
    >
    > I want to create a application like google maps or mapquest,
    > find the shortest path between two points in the image, then draw
    > the path in the image,
    >
    > After drawing the shortest path, user need to zoom in/out the
    > direction map,
    > so I need to zoom in/out the .jpg image, from my research, seems that
    > I can use AffineTransform to zoom in/out the image, but how can I
    > redraw the
    > path(lines) in the picture?
    >
    > Also, after zoom in, the user also need to see different parts of the
    > whole picture,
    > for example, use can click up/down/left/right button to see different
    > parts of the map?
    >
    > Thank you for any ideas or example code.

    , Feb 24, 2007