how to

Guest

We have an Intranet application that is doing custom printing to receipt
printers & lable printers. The label printers require specially formated data
strings & the receipt printers are the narrow 2-part paper type. Currently we
are printing to these devices from our web server. All of the printers are
attached to the PCs that the users are working from. We want to print from
the local PC, so that we don't have to manage all of the printers from the
server. I assume there is a method to create data strings that print to these
printers, but I don't know what my choices are. I presume JavaScript could be
used, but I'd rather have a VB solution. Some of our web servers are W2k &
have not been upgraded with the .net capabilites, hence all of our pages are
ASP. Also, all of our PCs are running Win2k Pro or WinXP Pro.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Sam