html and asp.net

Ammar S. Mitoori

i asked the below queastion

html is the standard and asp.net was developed by microsoft so how it > was
done ? does those systems and browsers needs some add-ins or how > they can
read it ? > > also i like to know about the extensions of aspx pages see when
we > request a aspx webpage we should get a page with extension aspx how >
come we get pages with extensions like mypage.aspx&#1234 etc ... ?

and some Microsoft Guy answered me as below

The browser does not care. The webserver is what matters. Both ASP and
ASP.Net generate html which is sent to the browser, which does not know or
care that the source of the html is asp or asp.net.

and that answer made few questions popup in my mind they are below can some
one please answer them, Regards

if the ASP.NET generates a HTML and send it to the browser so how come we
see pages with ASPX in address bar ?

and if it sends HTML how this HTML can hold Web Controls ?

JM

The browser does not care.

No always. If they use something specific to IE, then the ASPX page will
usually
not work correctly. Shouldn't be that way, but has happened to me several
times
while using Firefox. Switch to IE and it worked okay..
if the ASP.NET generates a HTML and send it to the browser so how come we
see pages with ASPX in address bar ?

The ASPX extension is used by the server to figure out how to
route/interpret/parse
the page. Just like .jsp is for java server pages, .asp is for active server
pages and
..php if for hypertext pre-processor.

If you had a way to process a page and could make the server understand what
it
is you're wanting, you could give the extension .bubba, .worm or anything
else and
it would basically work the same way..

John

Allen Chen [MSFT]

Hi,
if the ASP.NET generates a HTML and send it to the browser so how come we
see pages with ASPX in address bar ?
and if it sends HTML how this HTML can hold Web Controls ?

Have you got the expected answer? You can also update in your another case
regarding how ASP.NET works. I'll follow up if you have additional
questions.

Regards,
Allen Chen
Microsoft Online Support