    if the ASP.NET generates a HTML and send it to the browser so how come we
    see pages with ASPX in address bar ?

    and if it sends HTML how this HTML can hold Web Controls ?
    Ammar S. Mitoori, Jun 1, 2009

  2. Ammar S. Mitoori

    JM Guest

    > The browser does not care.

    No always. If they use something specific to IE, then the ASPX page will
    usually
    not work correctly. Shouldn't be that way, but has happened to me several
    times
    while using Firefox. Switch to IE and it worked okay..

    > if the ASP.NET generates a HTML and send it to the browser so how come we
    > see pages with ASPX in address bar ?

    The ASPX extension is used by the server to figure out how to
    route/interpret/parse
    the page. Just like .jsp is for java server pages, .asp is for active server
    pages and
    ..php if for hypertext pre-processor.

    If you had a way to process a page and could make the server understand what
    it
    is you're wanting, you could give the extension .bubba, .worm or anything
    else and
    it would basically work the same way..

    John
    JM, Jun 1, 2009

  3. Hi,

    > if the ASP.NET generates a HTML and send it to the browser so how come we
    >see pages with ASPX in address bar ?
    >and if it sends HTML how this HTML can hold Web Controls ?

    Have you got the expected answer? You can also update in your another case
    regarding how ASP.NET works. I'll follow up if you have additional
    questions.

    Regards,
    Allen Chen
    Microsoft Online Support