    internet explorer. How can this be done.

    Thanks

    , Oct 21, 2005

  2. rf Guest

    wrote:

    > I have designed a web page containing many pages and figures. I want to
    > make a single dll file or EXE file. I want one single html file which
    > can extract the pages from these exe or dll files and display in
    > internet explorer. How can this be done.

    It can't be done.

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Oct 21, 2005

  3. wrote:
    > I have designed a web page containing many pages and figures. I want to
    > make a single dll file or EXE file. I want one single html file which
    > can extract the pages from these exe or dll files and display in
    > internet explorer. How can this be done.

    You are talking nonsense. What are you REALLY trying to accomplish
    with this?

    --
    -=tn=-

    Travis Newbury, Oct 21, 2005
  4. Greg N. Guest

    wrote:

    > I have designed a web page containing many pages and figures. I want to
    > make a single dll file or EXE file. I want one single html file which
    > can extract the pages from these exe or dll files and display in
    > internet explorer. How can this be done.

    So you want one dll file plus one exe file plus one html file.

    Is it limited to those files, or would you also accept a zip file, a php
    interpreter, a php file?

    Or was that a typo, you really want only one file, be it dll, exe, or
    html or whatever?

    Where would you like those files (or this file) to reside? On a CDROM?
    On a server? On the user's harddisk?

    --
    Gregor's Motorradreisen:
    http://hothaus.de/greg-tour/

    Greg N., Oct 21, 2005

    wrote:
    > I have designed a web page containing many pages and figures. I want to
    > make a single dll file or EXE file. I want one single html file which
    > can extract the pages from these exe or dll files and display in
    > internet explorer. How can this be done.

    I am not certain I understand what you want to do, but I am guessing
    that what you need is to create a self extracting SFX archive. This
    type of compression is used to compress a collection of various files
    that may include html, text, image, etc types. It has an extension of
    ..exe. When you click on the icon for this type of file twice it opens
    to decompress all of the files automatically. One can also encrypt such
    files so that only someone with the key can open them. I use
    GlobalScape's CuteZip, and it allows creation of such files, including
    encrypted ones. Likely other compression programs can do this also. The
    common .zip file is just one of many types of archive formats, and it
    is not always the best for many applications.

    , Oct 21, 2005
  6. Also sprach :

    > I have designed a web page containing many pages and figures. I want
    > to make a single dll file or EXE file. I want one single html file
    > which can extract the pages from these exe or dll files and display in
    > internet explorer. How can this be done.

    Sounds like you're looking for M$ HTML help files (*.chm). Take a look at
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?URL=/library/tools/htmlhelp/ch
    m/hh1start.htm

    Thomas Mlynarczyk, Oct 22, 2005

    wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > I have designed a web page containing many pages and figures. I want to
    > > make a single dll file or EXE file. I want one single html file which
    > > can extract the pages from these exe or dll files and display in
    > > internet explorer. How can this be done.

    > I am not certain I understand what you want to do, but I am guessing
    > that what you need is to create a self extracting SFX archive. This
    > type of compression is used to compress a collection of various files
    > that may include html, text, image, etc types. It has an extension of
    > .exe. When you click on the icon for this type of file twice it opens
    > to decompress all of the files automatically. One can also encrypt such
    > files so that only someone with the key can open them. I use
    > GlobalScape's CuteZip, and it allows creation of such files, including
    > encrypted ones. Likely other compression programs can do this also. The
    > common .zip file is just one of many types of archive formats, and it
    > is not always the best for many applications.

    I have an example of the type of SFX file, also known as a cabinet
    file, at http://www.cwdjr.info/temp/selfExtractCabFile.exe . The
    disadvantage of this type of file for general use on the web is that
    many people will not open a .exe file unless they know and trust the
    source of the code. Anyway, the archive file contains a folder which
    contains 4 pages which are html, text, and 2 images. If you decide to
    download this, I suggest you create an empty folder, and select to
    download to it. Then you can double click the archive file icon and
    select to open to the folder in which it is contained to generate the
    uncompressed files.

    , Oct 22, 2005

    I want one html file. I will open with some explorer (netscape or IE).
    My content should be hidden in some other archive (i donno what to use,
    may be dll, exe or some other stuff).
    Basically, I dont want a third party to see my code, images seprately.
    They should be packaged in some form.
    Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks.

    Greg N. wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    > > I have designed a web page containing many pages and figures. I want to
    > > make a single dll file or EXE file. I want one single html file which
    > > can extract the pages from these exe or dll files and display in
    > > internet explorer. How can this be done.

    > So you want one dll file plus one exe file plus one html file.
    >
    > Is it limited to those files, or would you also accept a zip file, a php
    > interpreter, a php file?
    >
    > Or was that a typo, you really want only one file, be it dll, exe, or
    > html or whatever?
    >
    > Where would you like those files (or this file) to reside? On a CDROM?
    > On a server? On the user's harddisk?
    >
    > --
    > Gregor's Motorradreisen:
    > http://hothaus.de/greg-tour/

    , Oct 24, 2005
  9. Stuart Guest

    wrote:
    > Basically, I dont want a third party to see my code.

    Define 'code'. You can't reliably hide HTML or any client-side code from
    the user, nor should you want to.

    Server-side scripts and source code *are* generally hidden, though.

    --
    Stuart Brown <>
    http://www.edesign.cc

    Stuart, Oct 24, 2005
  10. wrote:

    > I want one html file. I will open with some explorer (netscape or IE).
    > My content should be hidden in some other archive (i donno what to use,
    > may be dll, exe or some other stuff).
    > Basically, I dont want a third party to see my code, images seprately.
    > They should be packaged in some form.
    > Any help is appreciated.

    Once the dll/exe/whatever displays the page to your browsers all your
    HTML source & images are visible and accessible! Rethink your situation,
    web is not the way, a compiled application hides its source....

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, Oct 24, 2005
  11. rf Guest

    rf wrote:

    > wrote:
    >
    >> I have designed a web page containing many pages and figures. I want to
    >> make a single dll file or EXE file. I want one single html file which
    >> can extract the pages from these exe or dll files and display in
    >> internet explorer. How can this be done.

    > It can't be done.

    <damn>
    Bloody Ell. Wrong again. Hate it when that happens.
    Talk about thinking *within* the square> It can be done, and quite easily.
    </damn>

    I have been doing exactly this sort of thing for ages, just didn't think it
    all the way through, probably because this is an HTML group, not a
    microsoft.whatever group. Only when I revisited one of my applications
    (that uses HTML pages (via the MSHTML interface) instead of windows dialog
    boxes) to do some maintainance did the pennies drop. Just didn't think
    about using a browser to do this :)

    <caution>
    This is microsoft only and is going into OT land, talking about building
    windows programs etc and will *NOT* allow you to hide your code.
    </caution>

    Build yourself an .exe (or a .dll) with each of your HTML pages as a
    resource within the .exe. If there are any images or whatever used in the
    pages then they will also have to be included as a resource. Name all your
    resources with a *string* name, not a resource ID. Here is a bit of my
    Visual Studio IDE with a couple of pages of HTML, an odd image and,
    realistically, a .CSS file:
    http://users.bigpond.net.au/rf/screenshot/resource.gif
    Note the "s around the ID in the properties pane. This is a *string*
    resource name.

    BTW roo.jpg can of course be also viewed here:
    http://users.bigpond.net.au/rf/roo.jpg

    The only thing that *needs* to be in the .exe are the resources, unless the
    ..exe needs to bahave like normal programs and actually *do* something.

    How to access the resourses?

    IE has this proprietory protocal calles res (of course).

    Say, for instance, your .exe is called
    c:\roof\debug\roof.exe
    as mine is and your HTML page is company.html, as mine is.

    Point your (IE only) browser at
    res://c:\roof\debug\roof.exe/company.html

    (take not if the /'s and the \'s in the above).

    Piece of cake.

    Oh, by the way, this will *NOT* stop anybody from stealing the code, or did
    I already state this? :)

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.