    disc, and would the jpg source be " what ever.jpg" ?

    Thanks

    Tom

    Tom, Apr 4, 2004

  2. Tom

    brucie Guest

    in post: <news:>
    "Tom" <stay@home> said:

    > Can someone tell me the best way to set up the directory.

    its just the same as on your computer or on your server

    > and what would the source be for the jpg's ?

    again, the same.

    > or would I just write all the html and jpg's to
    > disc, and would the jpg source be " what ever.jpg" ?

    that would only be the case if the images were in the same directory as
    the html files that want them. the same as it is on your computer or
    your server. if the images were in a separate directory called images
    then the src would be "images/the-image.ext". simple

    --
    b r u c i e

    brucie, Apr 4, 2004

  3. Tom

    Tom Guest

    "brucie" <> wrote in message
    > in post: <news:>
    > "Tom" <stay@home> said:
    >
    > > Can someone tell me the best way to set up the directory.

    > its just the same as on your computer or on your server
    >
    > > and what would the source be for the jpg's ?

    > again, the same.
    >
    > > or would I just write all the html and jpg's to
    > > disc, and would the jpg source be " what ever.jpg" ?

    > that would only be the case if the images were in the same directory as
    > the html files that want them. the same as it is on your computer or
    > your server. if the images were in a separate directory called images
    > then the src would be "images/the-image.ext". simple
    >

    > --
    > b r u c i e

    Thanks, thats a great help.

    Tom

    Tom, Apr 5, 2004
  4. Tom

    KirstyH Guest

    Tom wrote:
    > "brucie" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>in post: <news:>
    >>"Tom" <stay@home> said:
    >>

    >>>Can someone tell me the best way to set up the directory.

    >>its just the same as on your computer or on your server
    >>

    > Thanks, thats a great help.

    Bear in mind that if the URL requested was http://www.somedomain.com/
    then most servers would send the file
    http://www.somedomain.com/index.html (or another default file) but on
    disk the path D:/mywebpages/ will probably just give you a directory
    listing and you need to explicitly mention index.html if you want it to
    load index.html. You might need to edit some links in your pages.

    The other thing I would do would be to make sure that all references to
    files are relative - that way you don't need to be concerned about how
    the system references its CD drive.

    Kirsty

    KirstyH, Apr 5, 2004
  5. "KirstyH" <> wrote in message
    > Tom wrote:
    > > "brucie" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>in post: <news:>

    > >>its just the same as on your computer or on your server
    > >>

    > > Thanks, thats a great help.
    > >

    > Bear in mind that if the URL requested was http://www.somedomain.com/
    > then most servers would send the file
    > http://www.somedomain.com/index.html (or another default file) but on
    > disk the path D:/mywebpages/ will probably just give you a directory
    > listing and you need to explicitly mention index.html if you want it to
    > load index.html. You might need to edit some links in your pages.
    >
    > The other thing I would do would be to make sure that all references to
    > files are relative - that way you don't need to be concerned about how
    > the system references its CD drive.

    Drive letters however change from machine to machine. If there was a system
    variable named something like CD_DRIVE you could assess it... One could
    however do an autorun on the CD, directing it to index.html on the disc via
    the use of START IEXPLORE.EXE Z:\index.html (depending of course on the
    drive letter-in-question).

    HTH.

    --
    Steve Goodman