html on disc.

Tom

Hi, I would like to burn some basic html pages and jpg's to disc.
I am a bit unsure about few things.

Can someone tell me the best way to set up the directory. and what would the
source be for the jpg's ? or would I just write all the html and jpg's to
disc, and would the jpg source be " what ever.jpg" ?

Thanks

Tom

brucie

in post: <
Tom said:
Can someone tell me the best way to set up the directory.

its just the same as on your computer or on your server
and what would the source be for the jpg's ?

again, the same.
or would I just write all the html and jpg's to
disc, and would the jpg source be " what ever.jpg" ?

that would only be the case if the images were in the same directory as
the html files that want them. the same as it is on your computer or
your server. if the images were in a separate directory called images
then the src would be "images/the-image.ext". simple

Tom

brucie said:
in post: <

its just the same as on your computer or on your server

again, the same.

that would only be the case if the images were in the same directory as
the html files that want them. the same as it is on your computer or
your server. if the images were in a separate directory called images
then the src would be "images/the-image.ext". simple

Thanks, thats a great help.

Tom

KirstyH

Tom said:
Thanks, thats a great help.

Bear in mind that if the URL requested was http://www.somedomain.com/
then most servers would send the file
http://www.somedomain.com/index.html (or another default file) but on
disk the path D:/mywebpages/ will probably just give you a directory
listing and you need to explicitly mention index.html if you want it to
load index.html. You might need to edit some links in your pages.

The other thing I would do would be to make sure that all references to
files are relative - that way you don't need to be concerned about how
the system references its CD drive.

Kirsty

Revd. Norle Enturbulata

KirstyH said:
Bear in mind that if the URL requested was http://www.somedomain.com/
then most servers would send the file
http://www.somedomain.com/index.html (or another default file) but on
disk the path D:/mywebpages/ will probably just give you a directory
listing and you need to explicitly mention index.html if you want it to
load index.html. You might need to edit some links in your pages.

The other thing I would do would be to make sure that all references to
files are relative - that way you don't need to be concerned about how
the system references its CD drive.

Drive letters however change from machine to machine. If there was a system
variable named something like CD_DRIVE you could assess it... One could
however do an autorun on the CD, directing it to index.html on the disc via
the use of START IEXPLORE.EXE Z:\index.html (depending of course on the
drive letter-in-question).

HTH.